Week 9 ends at 53%
Week 10 ends at 59%
Week 11 ends at 66%
Week 12 ends at 72%
Week 13 ends at 78%
Week 14 ends at 85%
Week 15 ends at 88%
Week 16 ends at 96%

The Week 15 end phrase is 近づいてきていた, not 近づいてきた, just in case it throws off someone’s search.

3 Likes

There’s no kindle locations in my kindle version, instead I get page numbers that adjust by screen/font size. :sweat_smile: I marked the end points so I don’t have to check back later, and found that for some reason the percentages are always just a little bit lower than in the book walker version @omk3 posted. If anyone’s curious, this is them: 3-9-13-19-25-30-36-44-52-59-65-72-79-86-88?-97

It did raise another question though. In the schedule in the OP week 15 and 16 are both supposed to be 18 pages long. Going by the break point given, week 15 is much shorter than 16, however. In my version we would read 2%, in the bookwalker one 3% for week 15, and 9/8% respectively in the last week.

Is it possible the end quote is wrong?

5 Likes

You guys are great!

The astute reader may have noticed that the page numbers in the table would seem to indicate that 287-279 = 18. Such an elementary math error was certainly included to test all of your attention to detail and not a dumb mistake on the part of the schedule-maker.

Luckily there happens to be a break on page 297 as well, so all is well! I might need some new percentages for the last week though. Thank you!

8 Likes

The new break would be at 91% in my BookWalker ebook.

4 Likes

And so it begins!!

Remember to set this thread and the discussion threads to “watching”.

7 Likes

I fixed the title for you in the Week 1 thread, but you might want to adapt your copy-paste template to point to the right book :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh jeez. My computer died and I ended up having to do most of the post on my phone. I thought I nailed it :man_shrugging:. Thanks!

What’s funny is that I think I remembered to change the title emoji :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And the starting date, to the right of ‘Week 1’

… which I also often forget to update whenever I copy/paste my template lol

3 Likes

Would you mind updating this thread title as well as the Murata club page?

1 Like

Just got my physical copy in the mail yesterday. This is looking more advanced than everything I read so far, so I don’t know I will be able to catch up every week, but I will give it a go!

6 Likes

We’re always here to help! The first week or two will be tough but if you can make it through that I guarantee it will become manageable.

5 Likes

Newbie question: how can I see the percentage in the Bookwalker app? Or do you just divide page numbers? (That gives different percentages for me, though, and they change with the text size…)

1 Like

I highlight the end sentence, then swipe up to get to the highlights list . The percentage is written under each highlight. There must be a simpler way, but I haven’t found it yet.

You can also see what percentage you’re at from the bookshelf view, when you close the book. The number is displayed above the cover.

3 Likes

I do not use the percentages to find the end of the weekly reads. Instead I do a search on the endings given in the list and highlight them.

Unfortunately for book clubs, bookwalker does not have any precise location indicators. Of course the page numbers depend on your page layout, zoom factor and display resolution.

1 Like

I finally have time to join a book club again! :pleading_face:
This will be my second attempt at an intermediate book club pick. It’s been a while since the first one so this one will hopefully work out better for me :laughing:
The book looks really interesting, I’m looking forward to it.

Quick question, am I right in assuming that the end phrase for the first week is actually 恋人なのだった? I’m currently still reading the sample pages to gauge the difficulty/see if I like it before I commit and I was wondering if the sample doesn’t include the part with the phrase or if 変人 is a typo.

3 Likes

That’s the end phrase, yes. Looking at the amazon sample, it’s at 37%, so you can read the whole of this week before buying the book.

Edit: The correct word is 恋人, not 変人。

5 Likes

I guess no one noticed so far? :joy:

3 Likes

I certainly didn’t. I only just noticed it right now. They do look very much alike in a smallish font, don’t they?

2 Likes

I definitely read it as 恋人 all this time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I went ahead and corrected 変人 to 恋人, I hope no one minds.

7 Likes