地球星人 🌏 Book Club

Phew, I’m actually caught up, that was a lot quicker than expected :joy: I really see why no one can put this book down, it’s such a page turner!

I definitely agree with your points, I’m much less likely to participate in the discussion if I’ve already read ahead. But even though I really enjoy reading everyone’s discussions and speculations in real time, with this book I feel like I have to abandon the schedule. This story gets so dark, I really don’t want to carry it around with me for another two months until everything is resolved :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That was my main motivation with this book as well.

4 Likes

I did an order from Amazon JP and added the physical copy of the book and they just packed it all in a thin paper bag. Even had a hole in it, but fortunately nothing was missing. The book however got damaged, looks somewhat battered now. :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry everyone, might be a day late with this week’s thread!

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay, it’s been a hectic week. Here’s Week 8!

5 Likes

Week 9! Passing the halfway point on this one. Thanks again for all the great discussion so far.

1 Like

Looking forward to this week’s thread :wink:

3 Likes

We’re in for another wild chapter. Here’s Week 10!

5 Likes

Probably going to be a day late again this week. Sorry!

5 Likes

Week 11 is up! Sorry for the delay.

4 Likes

For those who are unaware, this book is a crossover selection between the IBC and the Murata book clubs. If you’re interested in reading more Murata books (and I strongly suggest that you do!), come join us to discuss the next pick!

If you have any interest in joining the club now or at any point in the future, set the Murata Club home thread to “watching” in order to get notifications and participate in polls.

7 Likes

Yes, please join! Great books and the language is not that hard either if you already have a couple manga or so under your belt it should be doable.
She definitely became one of if not even my favorite author :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Week 12 is up! Also, if you haven’t already, go vote in the “when to start the next book” poll over at the Murata Club Home Thread if you’re considering joining for the next Murata pick. Depending on those results we’ll likely be polling for the next book choice soon.

4 Likes

The book poll is now up:

5 Likes

Week 13 is up!

4 Likes

Week 14!

3 Likes

There’s a good chance that I will have no internet access for the coming week or so, so I’m posting week 15 now. Unfortunately I don’t have discussion questions yet, so I challenge someone to come up with a few and post them on Saturday!

5 Likes

Final week! I can’t wait to hear everybody’s overall reactions! (once I catch up, that is)

5 Likes

Read コンビニエンスストア様 on the way to work, so I am ready to go! :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome! This is my favorite Murata book to date, although it’s much more intense than コンビニ or 殺人

5 Likes