君の名は - Your Name (Intermediate Book Club)

Aww nice! That is encouraging to someone currently at low to mid N4 grammar level haha. Looking forward to giving Kiki a shot!

8 Likes

Sorry for the delay, had some real life commitments. Week 6 is here.

7 Likes

Week 7 up.

3 Likes

Thread is up! I’m so much behind :roll_eyes:.

4 Likes

I’m behind too. Been busy moving house all weekend, so I haven’t read any since Thursday.

2 Likes

Week 9 is short and sweet.

2 Likes

Well, that’ll give me time to get caught up, fingers crossed. Didn’t get any reading done for all of the Easter weekend, which resulted in a bit of a cascade effect…

3 Likes

With コンビニ done and a short reading week here I’m burning through ゆるキャン as promised! Getting caught back up with everything after my move has been a month long process…

3 Likes

Week 10 a bit late but now up.

3 Likes

よいっしょ

3 Likes

Here is week 12. Sorry for the delay, we had a national holiday and was busy with errands partying (responsibly).

5 Likes
3 Likes

Screenshot 2021-05-16 at 21.21.49

:flushed:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Second to last week is upon us!

2 Likes

Had a busy weekend with a birthday party and a christening, so it’s a bit late like usual but…

Anyway, welcome to the final week!

3 Likes

Hey there, a curiosity on this light novel, what difficulty is it? Would it be suggested to read as the first non-manga material?

Hey! For a first book I would probably choose something easier; 君の名は does have quite descriptive language and the unique vocab count is quite high. Difficulty 6/10 on JPDB.

2 Likes

Hmm I don’t have any problem with checking tons of vocab, even if going very slowly… would you suggest it to me in this case?
Otherwise, can you suggest me some easier alternatives? I checked some lists of the best light novels but don’t really know what to choose and on natively website everything is around lv. 30/35

Thanks for the answer!

I recommend checking out a (ため)()み (free preview) to get an idea of the difficulty.

(This is the book with the green border, which is the only one that has furigana readings on the kanji. Very important to know!)

Follow the pink button that says 「ためし読み」 to view the preview.

The preview is 50 pages long, and the pages look like this in the web browser preview.

I also found a photo of a page of the physical book on a random online auction listing which gives an idea of how it actually looks.

(The stains aren’t normally included!)

If you’ve seen the movie, that makes it a bit easier because you can follow what’s happening more easily. The light novel is almost an exact replication of the movie.

1 Like