全身 reading to include 'full body'

Current definition for 全身 ‘whole body’, ‘entire body’… suggest including ‘full body’ as well.

1 Like

You can add it as a user synonym if you want.

But that won’t stop it red-flagging if I enter it…

Yes it will. That’s the whole point of a user synonym.

Just as one example, I’ve added ‘ZA WARUDO’ for 世界.

11 Likes

Really? Man, I could’ve been spared dozens of Apprentice purgatories :sweat_smile:

EDIT: to clarify I thought the user-added synonyms were for self-study only, not to modify the definitions. Yays for that not being the case, all around :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, will do. I’d like to retain the request though if it’s possible.

1 Like

I hope that the WK staff have some way to see user synonyms in aggregate, so that if they see a very commonly added user synonym they might know to add it to a word’s accepted meanings.

4 Likes

Their user synonym page does mention reaching out to them if you think there is an important meaning that is missing. As with anything, they might just add it. So it never hurts to email them. But obviously in the meantime while waiting for an answer, the user synonym can fill in the gap.

1 Like

I thought about the same thing! Well, for other reasons.
I have a leech or two I swear when I see it cause I KNOW the meaning, I’m just bad at remembering the actual word for it (and don’t have a good synonym to add either) I was tempted to just name it what I already call it "F*** YOU!* XD
Fitting since it is one of the feeling ones =P

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.