僕が愛したすべての君へ 📦 (Intermediate Book Club) ・ Week 1

Thanks for the encouragement!

While that’s also the same experience I had with my first Beginner Book Club, in this case the prologue was so hard for me that I don’t even have any room for specific questions - I’m just glad that I feel like I got the gist. I think I’ll get more out of reading easier challenging books for now, and make the jump to IBC later.

4 Likes

You can check out the prologue again in 6-12 months to see how you’ve progressed!

4 Likes

That’s the plan! It’s waiting patiently my Natively wishlist now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Read this first part from the free sample and it has an interesting premise so far so I guess I’m buying it later today. It’s actually been a while since I’ve last joined the IBC, should be fun.

5 Likes

I expected it to be a harder first week, but it was easier than I thought and just read it in one sitting. Preleaning vocab definitely helped, too.
Looking forward to reading week 2 tomorrow.

5 Likes

I think week 2 is even easier, actually :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Forgot to reply here but I did the reading yesterday and will move onto week 2 right away!

This book is a good level for me to do extensive reading.

I don’t fully understand the parallel worlds but I assume I’ll just pick up on what I need to as the story goes along. I haven’t read many Sci-Fi books but I’m assuming this book is fairly light on the technical stuff.

6 Likes

It does go into the technical explanations a bit, but they’re largely of the “blah blah science stuff” variety. If you gloss over those parts it shouldn’t hurt your understanding of the overall story much.

5 Likes

I’m starting a bit late, meaning right now. Mainly because I was reading 時をかける少女 before this, but I found that way too boring. Hoping this can do what that couldn’t.

Thankfully it seems there’s an audiobook version available on audible, and it seems to be of decent quality, though haven’t yet figured out, if it’s one of those “radio drama, but like Japanese” kinds or just a regular reading of the whole thing (edit, after 3 more minutes, I believe it’s the latter). Regardless it’s a nice touch.

4 Likes

“Gorbit somehow spoiling both this chapter of the book and steins;gate at the same time” ahead

Somehow this IEPP/IP (god knows yet if they are the same thing, or somehow related) system reminds me somewhat of steins;gate’s divergence value. Same concept “parallel universes” being different and a number indicating how far away you are from the “normal” version. Curious how much the two concepts diverge from one another (I’m sorry)

4 Likes