今日のこねこのチー: Vol 1 Discussion

Ok… only 3 weeks in and I am already late…
Here are last week’s chapters, I’ll read this week’s tomorrow.

Chapter 4 (p24)

I want that pancake :drooling_face:
Poor ヨウヘイ ^^
チーズフォンヂュ :drooling_face: How come I did not eat any yet, this late into the winter? :thinking:

Chapter 5 (p31)

p31: I want this to not be a costume :stuck_out_tongue: I hope she can fly with these wings :smile_cat:
I don’t remember if I said this for the main series but it’s even worse now: every time the father talks, I here the voice of the father in the anime of 斉木楠雄さいきくすおΨ難さいなん x)
Ok, I hope there is a chapter with チー in this cop costume xD (and the black one as a Sherlock Homes-like inspector :joy_cat:)
As for the other costumes… nope… especially the one they actually bought :person_facepalming:
Why would you disguise a majestic cat as a… rabbit? è_é
Do you think Ancient Egyptians got the idea of mummifying people from a cat? :3

Chapter 6 (p39)

Oh! We get to see the first name of the parents! I guess Wikipedia did not invent them :stuck_out_tongue:
Don’t worry, ヨウヘイ, you can still be like your mom :smirk_cat:
Weird, in the main series, she like the vacuum cleaner, IIRC :thinking:
The father has more will than me, I would have stayed with チー instead of going back to work :stuck_out_tongue:
So, she does like the vacuum cleaner, now =)
Once again, the father has been defeated x)

2 Likes

Earlier today, I came across this in another manga, thought of チー right away xD

(Text: なに 人間にんげんにはわれ言葉ことばつうじゃないのか)

Chapter 7 (p47)

Why would they take a cat to the woods? oO
ヨウヘイ is better than his father at taking pictures of チー :stuck_out_tongue:
Kid, don’t let your camera laying around like that u_u
Is there a ghost in the water? :scream_cat:

It’s 冒険 (ぼうけん) time!

Adventure Time :musical_note:
Come on grab your friends :musical_note:
We’ll go to very distant lands :musical_note:
With チー the cat and ヨウヘイ the human :musical_note:
The fun will never end, it’s Adventure Time! :musical_note:
:crazy_face:

Chapter 8 (p54)

Start the countdown before ヨウヘイ death for drinking unfiltered water!
@Abstormal : as our snake expert, what kind is this one? :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s a Bird… It’s a Plane… It’s チー! (Yeah, I should probably stop reading and go to bed xD)
The dad looks like a pervert trying to get a child to follow him by giving her a candy :eyes:

New character appearing in ch9 (spoiling the main series)

I present to you… コッチ! (First seen at the end of ch96 of the main series)
He is チー’s best friend and lives in a box in the park (:crying_cat_face:) He was abandoned in that box along his litter and is the only one that wasn’t picked up by other humans. @Abstormal thinks that he might be チー’s half-brother (on the dad’s side).
He spends time trying to teach チー to survive outside… Not an easy task xD

Chapter 9 (p61)

Once again, we can see that this story is in an alternate reality: this seems to be the first meeting between チー and コッチ and it doesn’t match the main series’s meeting.
As with the main series, [spoiler]コッチ starts by pretending that he doesn’t like playing… he’ll come around ^[1]

1. /spoiler ↩︎

2 Likes

The more I read the more it feels of XD
But, as the English version say on front, it is created by Konami Kanata, but Adapted by Kinoko Natsume.
So, these are not made by the original artist, and it shows. Both in style, story, and characters. I feel they are so…off XD
Or taken to an extreme that makes them wrong =P
Maybe I’m just particular about how it was in the original. But it is just so choppy, the stories has little to no emotion and pay off is too fast to be a pay off =P

I will finish them, but, honestly, I don’t enjoy them half as much as the original =P

I am listening to the Audiobooks oh Wheel of time.Just reached the end of his lifework, and started the first book adapted by the new author. He had a dialog before the book started, where he explained how he got the job, and how much he looked up to the original author and about how he had taken over the mantle after his passing. But he proclaimed he will be as true to the characters as possible, and write the story based on details given before passing (and the end was already written down) but he would not try to mimic his style, he would write in his own to make it a more natural flow. And it works! So far I love it! I can’t even say I notice, cause it feels natural and flows right!

I feel that is what these lacks. It’s like they are trying to mimic some of the past stories, and it just becomes… artificial ^^;

I hope they do more… original stuff later. At least they add some interesting tid bits like names =P

2 Likes

These chapters proved my point exactly. They got out of the living room and into “new turf”, and the story just flows better!
These I actually enjoyed (including last one, even though it clashes. Being a different Author I guess we can see these as non canon fun with the characters)

Cp 6 7

I noticed the reflection “staying” too. Must be some Japanese legend or myth about some spirit, ghost or monster! =D

Ah yes, the snake, looks more like a green anaconda than anything :rofl:
I highly doubt that was what they were going for :crazy_face:

I feel ヨウヘイ seems older here in some ways. Both mannerism and style… I would never let a child that young (as in the age he seems in the original) go play by a waterfall unsupervised O_o

2 Likes

I agree that the two chapters that are clearly outside the story we know are better and also hope they will do more of that.

Ch 6 7

I don’t think either :rofl:

Yeah, I though that right from ch1.

Definitively :joy_cat:

I feel like we already lost people :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well, late again…
And it’s already the last week for the volume?! :scream_cat:

I’ll try to read more starting next month as I will finally have a coworker to share my workload with so I should have more time/energy for Japanese \o/

Anyway, here are the… 8(!) chapters of week 4 and 5.

I just saw that I can click on a chapter in the 目次 to jump to it in the Book Walker app :astonished:

Ch10 (p67)

えものだ!
Yet another proof that they are in the pet-allowed-building.
「大丈夫かな」 => I failed a review for かな on BunPro yesterday or the day before, I should have read this chapter earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, yeah… cats know how to open unlocked doors…

First reaction: lol, チー is the prey now :stuck_out_tongue:
2nd reaction: wait! how come the parrot is speaking in Japanese instead of meowing? oO (In ch106 of the main series, the parrot meows :thinking: )
チー: “does not compute” xD
Yeah, チー is the prey ^^’ What a fierce hunterparrot :stuck_out_tongue:

This! I can’t stop laughing xD

Screenshot-2021-02-07T18:53:53+01:00

Ch11 (p73)

Is this some kind of alternate version of ch107-110 (vol6) from the main series? (Yes)
P76: no furigana for いま, did they forget or is everyone supposed to know it regardless of the age?

Ch12 (p78)

We continue with volume 7 of the main series. Although, the part with Christmas decorations was not in the story.
I guess I have my answer: いま has furigana on p79.

Ch13 (p83)

These boots were not in the main series ^^’
「お母サンタ」 xD
Why add Christmas to an alternate version of chapters of the main story instead of a proper Christmas chapter? :-/

Ch14 (p88)

After Halloween, Christmas, then the new year; at least, the time flows the same as here :stuck_out_tongue:
I wonder if this is cannon. We never figured out how much time passed in the main series.

Ch15 (p89)

Isn’t it too big for such a little kitten?

Ch16 (p90)

コッチ got eaten! :scream_cat:

Ch17 (p91)

Come on チー! This could have been sold for a lot of money, labelled as modern art but it’s now worthless because it looks like a real face :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: for some reason, this message was sent while I was typing u_u’ It is now complete.

Edit 2: I just burned ふくろ that was, with furigana, in one of these chapters; is it cheating? :thinking: (I did remember how to read it anyway, so I guess not ^^)

2 Likes

It’s been almost 2 weeks already?!! What’s up with time and just going POFF!! XD
I’ll see if I can find time tomorrow =P

1 Like

Yeah, I feel the same x_x
Maybe the History Monks are at work here :thinking:

Happy birthday =)

1 Like
Ch10

I took it as the parakeet mimicking Chi’s meows, thus sounding like the “cat language”. If the humans heard it would sound like it was meowing like Chi. Even though they didn’t show bot sounds like they do with the cats.

I wanted to share that frame too :rofl:

Ch11

I noticed that missing furigana too! I assume they just forgot.

Yeah, another “copy”. Not sure why they do this :man_shrugging:

Ch12

Is this the first time we get an indication of when we are?
Not sure if it keeps well with the canon story or not. I thought we were in late summer/early fall. Not Christmas. I feel these chapters progressed a bit further in time than the canon. Chi is still a kitten after all =P

Oh the rest was quick! Already 1/4 done!

2 Likes
Ch12

Well, in the main series, the only time we know how much time is passing by is between the visits to the veterinarian. Apart from that, the whole story could fit in a few weeks or many years :person_shrugging: (the manga did run for about 11 years…)

Yeah, but… Comic-Book Time/Floating timeline ^^

2 Likes

Can someone help me with the kanji in the first chapter title?

I have no idea what that means, and there is no ruby.

Thanks

1 Like

The title is:

チー、かえってくる

3 Likes

Thank you!

That’s great actually. I know the word kaette, but I never learned the kanji before, so that’s great to know.

3 Likes