乳と卵 (Advanced Book Club)

Thanks for investigating!

2 Likes

By the way if anybody manages to grab hold of a Japanese paperback (not a French one :sweat_smile:) I’d be grateful for the page numbers of our breaks so that I can add them to the schedule.
Same for Kindle locations and percentages, if anybody is reading on Kindle.
Thanks!

1 Like

On the other hand, all the other info (ISBN, publisher, publication date, number of pages) refers to the Japanese edition. This is the French version and all these things are different. As you said: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

あああああああああぁぁあああああア!!
I’ve been wanting to read that book forever.

… Okay, I will find a way to join this club despite life.

10 Likes

Have you found a way :eyes: ?

4 Likes

I’m traveling until end of September, but may still join for the last part. A shorter book club might actually suit me better than one going for 2 months+.

2 Likes

I did end up buying it btw and I can confirm it’s in Japanese.

3 Likes

Paperback
week 1 pg 44
week 2 pg 77
week 3 pg 107
week 4 pg 133?

If still needed :eyes:

3 Likes

Not sure that I’ll be able to keep up, I have a lot going on in my life right now, but I bought the ebook, and will start reading next week. ^^

3 Likes

Thank you! Will add it to the OP tomorrow.

BTW what is the number of the first page?

You’re welcome! pg 9

1 Like

Welcome to 乳と卵! Let’s head straight into week 1 - it’s the longest of the four weeks, so I hope we can fully focus on it while we’re still fresh :wink:

7 Likes

Here is week 2 already!

With this short and fast-paced book, this week will get us to the halfway mark of the whole book, and way past the halfway mark of the first story! Looking forward to hearing what you think about it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have found a way!
A bit late, but yay.

After reading a bunch of 400+ pages books, I have to say it feels strange to hold such a smol boi. :joy:

7 Likes

Our main story is drawing to an end already! Welcome to week 3:

1 Like

It’s already the last week of our little book club :slight_smile:
This week we’ll cover the book’s second story:

4 Likes

Satisfaction Poll Time!

Congrats to everybody who made it through our mini-bookclub :slight_smile: Here is the usual poll:

Have you read 乳と卵?

• I finished it
  • I’m still reading and I plan on finishing it
  • I don’t plan to finish it
  • I never even started it

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate it on a 5 point scale? (1: hated it, 5: loved it)

• Unsure / Didn’t finish

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate its difficulty?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Participation Statistics

The reader base was very consistent. The spike in comments in week 3 is probably due to it being the end of the main story, so judging from that, the story was something worth speaking about :slight_smile:

5 Likes

About my satisfaction rating, I voted 4, but it’s more like I loved the main story (would grade 5 I guess) and absolutely hated the extra story (1). Then I scaled by their respective length, so I ended up with a number that is absolutely not representative of my enjoyment at any singular point :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I did not :sweat_smile: And I also slid into a very big reading slump, that I am escaping currently… So now I finally finished this book, and it was interesting. I liked the short story as well. The 関西弁 was super challenging for me though, as well as the writing style, I could follow what’s happening, but definitely not 100%. Maybe I’ll reread it in a few years.

7 Likes

For future readers: So I bit the bullet and bought this PB edition listing French as language, even thought everything else points to Japanese, all book pictures, etc. And I can confirm that it’s Japanese!

I also bought あん, under the same French Situation, and it’s also thankfully a Japanese PB.

If they change this to real french ones in the future, don’t sue me! :bowing_man:

4 Likes