三ツ星カラーズ Volume 3

This chapter really tickled me :laughing:

Poor Sacchan though!

2 Likes

I confess I feel very little sympathy for Sacchan. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

第25話 クリーンアッププロジェクト

Start Date: 2022-06-17T15:00:00Z

If you don’t yet know 立入禁止, you’re about to get used to 立入禁止.

As you enjoy this chapter, be sure to remember:

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I have finished this part.
  • I will catch up later.
0 voters
4 Likes

Well, they spend this chapter hanging around the shopping street, but the (Morioka) Sansa Odori looks something like this:

(Fun fact: There are clues to this chapter’s mystery scattered throughout. :slightly_smiling_face: )

3 Likes
I'm not sure I would've noticed without your warning

Clearly reusing the assets of the girls crossing, but it’s not as obvious as the example in that discussion

3 Likes

It does make for some nice “find the difference” images.

Challenge 1

Q. What’s different between these images?

A. One has the collar frill on Yui’s shirt and the other doesn’t.

Challenge 2

A. The edge of Yui’s hair is filled differently.

Challenge 3

A. Although exactly the same in every other way, once again the edge of Yui’s hair is filled differently.

Bonus activity: Open these two images in new tabs and flip between them!

Challenge 4

Q. What is different between these images?

A. Hopefully you finished the chapter already, or this one might be a spoiler…

3 Likes

I was gonna say that’s the difference with all the images of Yui too. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Different kind of spoiler.

2 Likes

第26話 とぶ はたく まわる

Start Date: 2022-06-24T15:00:00Z

I feel like this chapter’s title is in direct opposition to :crabigator:

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

4 Likes

Back at the police box again. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Kotoha quite so happy before, though.

Wikipedia article on メンコ.

3 Likes

Or saitou for that matter, he was really enjoying those toys, which I guess he also might have played with when he was young.

Loved the vibes in this chapter, even if Kotoha smashed them to bits hahaha

3 Likes

Incidentally, I’m going away for three weeks. Not sure if I’ll have the time to post.

3 Likes

第27話 バイトっす

Start Date: 2022-07-01T15:00:00Z

i-109

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

Is this week’s chapter of 三ツ星カラーズ a crossover with this week’s chapter of それでも歩は寄せてくる?

From over there...

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve finally caught some reading time and can post my questions… which I haven’t posted yet, so if I may jump all the way back to Chapter 1 (of all places!) for a moment here we go:

Chapter 1

Page 6, Panel 5

やらなきゃよかったこんなこと
I’m lost here. Um… “Glad I have to do it like this,” maybe?

Page 7, Panel 1

避けて汚くないよ
I think she’s saying “Sorry, I avoided it because its dirty,” or else telling Saki that the coin is dirty and she should avoid doing this. Why is 汚くない in the negative form?

Page 11, Panel 4

あ いやつい反射で汚くないよ
“Ah, no, it was by [my] reflexes.” I don’t know what つい means. Again, why is 汚くない in the negative when the man tells her the coin is dirty in the next panel?

Sorry I’ve been absent; I plan to finish up this volume with the group.

1 Like

Welcome to volume 3 =D

Sorry for the belated reply; I’ve been a bit too focused on getting in extra reading for the summer read every day challenge. Now I’m hurrying to catch up on book club threads before the new week is upon us!

Page 6, Panel 5

I think she’s saying she shouldn’t have spit the coin out. “Would have been good if I didn’t do, such a thing.”

But I could be wrong.

Page 7, Panel 1

I read this as, “Sorry, I dodged and it’s not dirty,” suggesting she didn’t dodge the coin because she thinks it’s dirty (from being in Sacchan’s mouth). Even though I’m sure that’s exactly why she dodged it.

Page 11, Panel 4

For this one, although the man says 「あ いやつい反射で」, it’s Yui saying the 「汚くないよ」 part. The man then follows with the line about not putting money in your mouth.

I think this use of つい has a meaning of “unintentionally”, saying it was an unintentional reaction. This would be in response to Sacchan saying she knows (that he dodged) even though she couldn’t see it.

1 Like

第28話 赤松結衣

Start Date: 2022-07-08T15:00:00Z

Here goes!

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

Are you ready to jump right into volume 4?

• I’m ready for volume 4
  • I’d like a one-week break first
  • I’m not planning on reading volume 4

0 voters

3 Likes

Catching up!

Chapter 24

Page 70, Panel 2

大人めんなよ ザマーみろ
A little trouble with Saitou’s speech here. Aside from “大人” I’m not sure what is being said.

2 Likes

Chapter 24, Page 70, Panel 2

You may be missing the な between 大人 and めんな. (Or that might just be a transcription error, as 大人 ends in な as well.)

なめる means:

かるく見なす。甘く見る。みくびる。

Essentially, “to look down on (someone)”.

Recall that Yui accused Saitou of loafing around.

As a negative, this becomes なめない, for “don’t look down on”. It then simplifies in Saitou’s brash manner of speaking to なめん.

「ザマーみろ」 is easier to look up as 「ざまあみろ」. It’s shorted from (ざま)()ろ, and is a slang expression used to mock someone who failed at a task.

In this case, Yui mocked Saitou, so Saitou got back at Yui by spoiling the game of hide-and-seek by telling her where Sacchan and Kotoha are hiding.

In English, we have a similar expression, “Serves you right.”

2 Likes
Story comments

This was a really sweet chapter, nice way to end the volume!

4 Likes

Alrighty, here goes.

Chapter 27:

Page 110, the Hard Rock Cafe in panel 4 is here. Not sure I can pinpoint exactly where the ガラガラ lady is standing, but it shouldn’t be too far off. I’ve linked the bakery before. They encounter Moka-nee at exactly the same place as the location above, just facing the other way.

Gotta say, on first reading, I thought for sure that 留年 would mean “spending a year studying abroad”…

Chapter 28:

I posted a video above of the Morioka Sansa Odori, but here’s a video of them doing it at Ueno back in 2019. Amusingly enough, the people in the video are from Morioka anyway. More to the point, they’re wearing the same hats and drums as the first panel of page 128.

Here is the official website of the parade, and here is an article about this year’s event. If you feel like some bonus reading. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yui’s school is 台東区立黒門小学校 (though written here as 湯門 instead). The final panel of page 128 is here. The view of the school at the top of 134 is here (can’t seem to get the right angle in Street View).

Heh. “Myself. Here Goes”

I wanna go to one of these little summer festivals. Not necessarily at a school, but at a shrine or something. You know, not the big famous ones packed with millions of people, just one with locals. Issue is (a) I don’t know how to find them, and (b) I don’t really want to visit Japan in the middle of summer again…

And done!

3 Likes