三ツ星カラーズ — Week 13 Discussion (ABBC)

My gut. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Regarding 本体(ほんたい), one place I’ve seen it used a lot is when referring to the source of a shadow.

Another place I've seen it is in a comic where a girl is offering a spoonful of her ice cream to a rabbit, and the rabbit goes for the main portion of ice cream.

Rabbit Page 48 1-1
Rabbit Page 48 1-2
Rabbit Page 48 1-3
Rabbit Page 48 1-4

Another situation is when someone is an “astral projection” of sorts, referring to their physical body as 本体(ほんたい).

In each of these case, there’s a “main body”, and something that is in some way cast (or taken from) that main body.

Considering these, my best guess is that Saitou is referring to the girls as the “main body” that their attack is a portion of, and the bad smell of that portion goes as far as the main body, the girls.

10 Likes

You’re not!

That said, for me this chapter was the easiest to read so far. I may get the next chapter read this arvo/evening :grin:

6 Likes

Just an art question. Unfortunately, I can’t provide pictures at the moment, sorry.

On page 106, the girls throw stinky ginkgo seeds into the police booth. The door is open. But in the next panel (page 107, top) there appears to be a solid wall there. Then, at the bottom Saito pops out of the original open door. Is there a back room or something to the real world box?

Also, and more mysteriously, take a look at the shadow under the step leading into the police box. It appears that Saito’s booth is hovering a couple centimeters above the pavement! Is he hiding some new technology? Perhaps it’s another riddle for the Colors team to solve!?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not entirely sure what’s going on there. It’s probably showing the comparative shadow inside the koban, but I feel like the screentone used is excessively dark.

That’s what the real koban looks like. The step isn’t actually resting on the ground.

4 Likes

I wonder if カツヲ didn’t have a good reference photo for the inside to draw from. Here’s the closest reference photo they posted on their blog. (The reference photos are always posted as highly processed images.)

4 Likes

Interesting. Thanks.

1 Like