ワニカニに百点満点で点数を付けるなら、 何点になると思いますか ?—Can you read this sentence and understand what it means?

Can you read this sentence and understand what it means?

Looks kind of complicated, but most of the vocab is actually under WK level 10!

Vocab

ワニカニ: WaniKani.

百 LV.4: Hundred (as a number).

点 LV.6: Point.

満点 LV.25: Perfect Score.

点数 LV.8: Points. 点(point) + 数(number).

付ける LV.7: To Attach.

何 LV.5: What.

思う LV.6: To Think.

Let’s break it down!

ワニカニに

This particle に indicates the target of an action.

百点満点で

Meaning “with 100 points as a full score,” this is a common expression for “out of 100 points.”

点数を付ける

Literally translating to “to attach points,” it means “to give a score.” To what? To WaniKani! Because we earlier knew the target of an action (in this case the verb 付ける) is ワニカニ.

〜なら

Just like “if” in English, 〜なら makes things conditional. Unlike “if,” なら modifies the chunk that comes before it.
So, it would be “If (you) give a score to WaniKani out of 100 points…”

何点になると思いますか?

何点 is literally “what point” and なる is a verb meaning “to become.” With 思いますか?, 思う’s polite question form, it is asking (politely) “what point do you think it would be?”

Answer:

ワニカニに ひゃくてん まんてん で てんすう を つける なら なんてん になると おもい ますか?
What point do you think it would be, if you give a score to WaniKani out of 100 points?

More natural, less literal translation would be…

If you were to give WaniKani a score out of 100, how many points would you give it?

…So how many points, guys🙃?

12 Likes

42+ :durtle_love:

22 Likes

no pude resolverlo :frowning:

I would give to Wanikani like 80 points

there should be something like Kaniwani and Kame zame but oficial, and perhaps I don’t really enjoy studying in my cellphone I thinks it is really important having an app

I don’t know one kanii yet (満) so I roughly translated it in my mind as “WaniKani has 100 points. If you would attach-give points how many do you think you would give?”
And I was like “they already have 100. How many more do they want?” :smile:

1 Like

150 points…

Maths is not my strong point…sigh

3 Likes

百点をつけるでしょう。ワニカニが大好きのです!

1 Like

If only I knew what 点 mean It would have helped a lot
But I guess I’m not here yet x)

1 Like

一百一点をつけます!ワニカニがすごいですね!
BrilliantScaryAmethystsunbird-max-1mb
I think I did that right … :sweat_smile:

I think 90 points is fair.

But with logic and without trying to look for a traduction I would say that sentence mean what do we think of wanikani or something like that x)

1 Like

That’s a very good guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks you :slight_smile:

1 Like

もちろん百点です。ワニカニは最高です。

90点かな。もうすごく良くできてるけど、これ以上気合を入れなくても大丈夫だって思っちゃだめだ!^^

If only wanikani was more than 3000 kanji and vocabs i would have given it the 100% but i would give it 90% though.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.