ルーパーズ ♾ Chapter 10 (Visual Novel Book Club)

It’s only a short mention, but I should give a trigger warning for part of this chapter, with a little talk of what seems to be a suicide attempt.

This chapter came out to about 7500 characters, pretty middle of the pack at this point. There are some tricky bits with Simon and the side characters, but overall it’s not the hardest by any means.

I rather liked it, spoilers

Love getting a bit of a refocus on serious emotions now; it’s great to have ヒルダ back. That whole bench sequence was surprisingly impactful, watching her cycle from hope through various forms of desperation, self blaming, etc. As much as we’ve joked about the voice acting/mixing for good reason, she came through well in that scene. Poor girl.

And of course タイラ has the singular cure for every problem in the world: treasure hunting. What a sweet little goofy boy. I’m excited to see it happen just because there is the potential to develop ヒルダ and レオナ a lot more through the hunt, and those two are easily what I’m most interested in right now. This chapter pulled me back in quite a bit more after sort of mixed feelings about the past few. I generally have to agree with what others were saying: I’m someone who has read other Key works and similar VNs and I can enjoy this sort of long form character hangout stuff, but much of the cast here hasn’t been doing much for me, which disengaged me a bit. Things are looking up though, I think.

10 Likes