ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 (Intermediate Book Club)

Thanks! I could finally grab volume 3.

2 Likes

I’m still catching up… It’s a little hard when you are level 14.

1 Like

Next weekend it would be time for the next thread (for volume 5), but I actually feel that I could use a break for a few weeks myself (I’m just reading in too many clubs at the same time at the moment :sweat_smile:).

I’ve come up with the following plan: I will put up a poll below asking who is ready for the next thread. If at least two people are ready, I will create the thread next weekend (I will catch up later then) and otherwise I will check back every week (so feel free to change your vote at any time) until at least two people are ready (I might be one of those two myself at some point in the future).

I’m still enjoying the manga so I will get back to it later. It’s a nice palate cleanser compared to the heavier stuff in the other book clubs. I might grow homesick for it pretty quickly :smile:

Here’s the poll, and remember: just change your vote at any time and I will create the thread when at least two people are asking for it:

Are you ready for the next thread to be created?
  • Yes, I’m ready for the volume 5 thread!
  • Not yet, maybe later.
  • Just show me the results :durtle_tomato:

0 voters

1 Like

:ballot_box_with_check: I don’t mind, whatever works for you.

1 Like

A couple of book clubs have come to an end for me, so it’s time to read some ヨコハマ again! Here’s a thread in case anyone wants to read along!

Volume 5 cover

4 Likes

I am still trying to catch up. Getting into this as a first book is quite the thing.

3 Likes

I think I’m going to start reading the next volume sometime next week, so here’s another thread!

Volume 6 cover

3 Likes

Here’s a thread for volume 7!

Volume 7 cover

2 Likes

This is my third comment in a row, so if you want me to announce the thread for the next volume here as well, someone else will have add a comment in between :wink:

Here’s a thread for volume 8!

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Two comments in between! :smile: [1]

1. I wonder what you added to get around the 10 character minimum. ↩︎

2 Likes

Magic

2 Likes

More seriously, when you reply so someone, you can use the “quote whole post” button (on the left) to see the actual content of the message.

2 Likes

いい勉強になりました!

1 Like

Can you explain how you got the digital?

Sure!

The series is on a site called bookwalker here: ヨコハマ買い出し紀行(マンガ(漫画))の電子書籍無料試し読みならBOOK☆WALKER

I like that site very much as I’ve found it easy to use and access even though I don’t live in Japan, and the selection is very broad.

The site often has sales and free books (both free to keep and free to read within a limited amount of time). You can find more information about free stuff in this thread: The BookWalker Freebies Thread

For a while after learning about bookwalker I often browsed a search query I bookmarked that tries to isolate all of the free-to-keep full manga volumes (and prose books but those don’t come up nearly as often).

And anyway, at some point the first three volumes of ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 were free-to-keep, so I picked them then.

Hope that helps! Learning about bookwalker (and other similar sites like Booklive) is definitely one of the best things I got from this forum! If I’d learned it sooner I probably wouldn’t have those physical editions… they are cool though…

2 Likes

I’ve gotten much better at reading, grammar and Kanji. I restarted the series and understand sooo much more now. I’ve been reading a chapter a day.

3 Likes

The discussion in the threads has pretty much died out completely, so I decided to create one final thread for the last six volumes. If you’re still reading along, you can fill out the poll :wink:

2 Likes

Well, now the threads caught up with me, so I guess I should start reading the those again, huh.

2 Likes

I’m still trying to get caught up on everything that went on while I was away. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like