ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 (Intermediate Book Club)

The time has come.

3 Likes

(three weeks ago)

2 Likes

The stars were not aligned yet for @Redglare. The time is now.

5 Likes

I have exams next week :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The time was actually later.

3 Likes

And here’s the last week of this club.

I think it’s a really nice series and I’ll probably read it until the end. However, I don’t think I’ll keep putting up weekly threads. If anyone wants the club to continue in a structured way, feel free to take control.

5 Likes

It seems I missed all of the club activity, even though I own this manga. Wow. :joy:

6 Likes

Not too late to catch up! It’s actually a pretty quick read (especially if you’re willing to just go for the gist of what the old man says–parsing his dialect in full might take ages).

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has volunteered yet, right? There hasn’t been that much discussion in the threads so how do people feel about having one thread per volume every three weeks? Everyone can read the chapters at their own pace but then we just have a place to share thoughts. Or biweekly threads for half volumes? I’ve never created book club threads before but I wouldn’t mind creating a thread every few weeks.

Or we could just continue reading and post comments here in the main thread.

Here’s a poll:

• One thread every three weeks (one volume per thread)
  • One thread every two weeks (half a volume per thread)
  • No schedule, just continue here in the main thread
  • I won’t participate anymore
  • Something else (leave a comment)
  • Just let me click poll options all day long
0 voters
3 Likes

I can’t commit to any particular schedule (though 3 weeks per volume does seem doable), but I do think it makes sense to have a thread per volume, so I voted for the three weeks option.

4 Likes

Yes, I also voted mainly for the „one thread per volume“ option because it gives some structure, and the structure is also reflected in the reading material itself. I guess the discussion will tune down a bit after two or three volumes anyway, so even if the thread feels a bit full right now, that will resolve itself after a while.
(And the pace sounds doable as well.)

5 Likes

Those who want to continue seem to be fine with the one thread per volume option, so here is the thread for volume 2!

frDGCemG5kX9EBY8IrbThQ__

We’ll find out what happens beyond the cliffhanger and we might see a reappearance of the ミサゴ but will we learn more about the background story?

(By the way, how do you link to a topic with one of those nice previews? => Solved :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

2 Likes

You just insert the link as-is, like so:

i.e. this looks like this in the editor:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/x/54555
1 Like

Excellent! Sometimes less is more :laughing:

1 Like

Also, if you just insert the link in the middle of text, like this: ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 🛵 Volume 2 it will also give you a nice text without any need to mask the link :+1:

1 Like

By the way, @mods would it be possible to turn the first post into a wiki? Thank you :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

Post is now a wiki :durtle_noice:

4 Likes

I’ve added a link to the volume 2 thread in the first post.

3 Likes

Let’s goooo! :motor_scooter: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Here’s the thread for volume 3!

BM2j7K0aiKyzud2kfkni6g__

More ココネ! More strange chapter titles? More ミサゴ! Sepia? Read on and find out!

4 Likes