Now Reading: Volume 6! フルーツバスケット・Fruits Basket 🍏 🍇 🍑 🍒 🍐 🍊 (Beginner Book Club)

Been there =P
I feel behind all my clubs when I did some remodelling last year. I managed to catch back up to some of them, but not all (Sorry Aria! D= )

2 Likes

I’m chiming in as well with saying that I’m lagging behind x’D A lot of life stuff has been going on that’s been screwing with my schedules. I hope to catch up when I can. Until then, best of luck to everyone :slight_smile:

As an aside, I wouldn’t mind a continuing book club for FB, but at the moment, it’d be hard for me to see when I’ll be able to participate. ;;

8 Likes

Would you be ok with starting volume 2 after a week’s break? That’s what almost everybody voted for, so I’m leaning towards that option…

5 Likes

Absolutely!

4 Likes

Great!

Then it’s decided, we will start our offshoot book club with Volume 2 (Collector’s Edition; equivalent to Vol. 3+4 of the old edition) on September 26th :tada:

I will later add some information to the OP. As long as the weekly participation in discussions is sufficient, I plan to stick with one thread per week. If activity dies down over time, I am thinking of switching to one thread per volume, with weekly marker posts to indicate where we’re at.

13 Likes

You made it until here - that means we’re already halfway there :tada:

Let’s tackle the other half with even more energy:

EDIT: As promised, I’ve added some information for the offshoot club to the OP. If somebody who owns the physical old edition and somebody who owns the Collector’s Edition could be so kind and double-check my page numbers (for the former) and tell me the page numbers (for the latter), that would be amazing! Thank youuuu :bowing_woman:

8 Likes

I bought volumes 1 & 2 together so I’m glad there’ll be an offshoot club! I’ll keep reading at least until the end of volume 2.

Here are the page numbers for the Collector’s ed:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I’ll put them in the OP tomorrow.

I was thinking it might make sense to be a little more targeted about our voting, so…

Just in case anybody isn’t aware, the Beginner Book Club are currently voting on our next pick, to follow on from this one! If you’re interested in taking part, make sure you vote:

6 Likes

What bizarre occurrence will happen this week? Don’t forget to stay tuned at:

7 Likes

Chapter 9 is waiting for you! Will we see another new character this time around?!?

5 Likes

On to chapter 10 :slight_smile: Looks like we will finish this book in no time…

By the way it would be lovely if somebody could post something random here during the week because otherwise I cannot announce next week’s reading :scream: :rofl:

3 Likes

:white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I guess that’s one issue we didn’t think of :thinking:

1 Like

I became aware of it at some point, but it’s not that bad as usually somebody will post something anyway at some point. And if not, well, I know I can count on the kindness of everybody to rescue me :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

My collector’s edition is (again) trying to make its way to me in Sweden (yay!). So I will probably get back to reading this and catch up some time after it arrives. :blush:

8 Likes

Almost there!!!

4 Likes

However many months later, my copies have finally arrived :roll_eyes: :grin:

11 Likes

And here it is, our final week:

6 Likes

It’s come around so quickly!!

1 Like