ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 14

Chapter 14! Does it feel easier to read this chapter than the first chapters in the book?

We’ll spend 2 weeks on chapter 14, March 15-28. The home thread for this bookclub is here .

Who will read Harry Potter chapter 14 now?

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m not participating

0 voters

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering for a while, but why do you put blank lines in your poll options?

No reason really, just copy-paste!

I removed the blank lines now, is that better?

Not the ending I remember:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/small-town-news/18220/2823

(Sorry, I can’t work out how to show a preview with the quote!)

Either: Wow, that was some foresight with the name.
Or: With a name like that, you were clearly in for a bad time

1 Like

Anyone have any suggestions for this sentence (context: on finding out that the egg is hatching, Ron wants to skip magical herbs, but:)

ハーマイオニーがガンとして受けつけない

Jisho translates everything around ガン as I’d expect, but none of the nouns suggested for ガン make much sense (and some of them are just bewildering!).

On reflection I think I was wrong but I initially read this as ガーン(:fearful:). As in, Hermionie made the ガーン expression. The translation in my version is “Hermionie wouldn’t hear of it”

1 Like

Some interesting typesetting in my copy - when the dragon’s being carried away, it goes 遠くなる…遠くなる…遠くなる. Though I do kinda think that of all the ways of getting Harry into the forest so that he can witness the next step in The Plot, having him leave the invisibility cloak at the top of the tower has to be one of the daftest…

2 Likes