ハイキュー・Haikyuu! volleyball (Beginner Book Club) - Week 7

Week 7

Next week: Week 8
Previous week: Week 6
Home thread

Reading

6th Chapter

Vocab List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Characters

(In order of appearance, feel free to edit this and only this section)
as discussed, pick roles you want to read in the read aloud. Do so by writing your name in the part * column. Feel free to break roles into smaller parts. Don’t remove other peoples role w/o their permission. Let’s try to leave roles for people who’ll visit the thread later or haven’t yet read the chapter.

name furigana description role part 1 (to pg. 150) part 2 (from pg. 161)
田中 たなか just some dude read & translate caraage
月島 つきしま mr salt read & translate dmner
日向 ひなた energetic sunshine read & translate barelyfragile
影山 かげやま angry mood boy read & translate JuiceS
菅原 すがわら vice cpt. read & translate
大地 だいち captain read & translate rainy_sunday
きんだいち No.5 北川第一 read & translate sycamore
coach 北川第一 read & translate

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :books:

Read Aloud

This week’s read aloud should be on the 2021-02-13T20:00:00Z. It’s in the discord channel in Japanese Book Club

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting on this poll.
  • I’m reading along
  • Already read it
  • Planning to catch up later
  • Dropped this book
  • Never even started
0 voters

Questions

favorite line/ panel?

Hi! Anyone have any idea what ユンビミス means? it’s in this panel at the bottom of p161. I mean ミス is fairly obvious but as for the rest of it I have very little idea!

コンビミス
Combination miss

Lol just realised that I just misread コ and ユ (I blame the font) and it’s コンビミス which is much easier to understand! But I shall leave my comments here to bump this thread anyway haha

1 Like

Wow, so fast @yukinet

I just opened the disscource app and it showed the notification

1 Like

That chapter was a pretty quick and pleasant read! Quite a few fun panels but my fave might be this one…those faces!

4 Likes

I assume it has to do with reading the previous chapters :muscle:

1 Like

Small miracles do happen, night before the read along and ive actually had the chance to flick through the pages and post here! /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

Like sycamore said, feels like this will be a nice smooth one. Will make a point to read too, could always do 山口s couple of lines (੭ˊᵕˋ)੭*

Quite a few fun panels but my fave might be this one…those faces!

So many good faces in this one, I think I’m going to be busy with those

4 Likes

Friendly reminder that we have read aloud starting soon if anyone wants to join in!

1 Like