ハイキュー・Haikyuu! 🏐 Vol. 4+5

Oooo :open_mouth:… ! Super useful & you must’ve spent a bit of time looking through the chapters to make this table. Thank you @potatonaught !

1 Like

I really enjoyed these chapters! Lots of really heartwarming moments. I love how Hinata can literally win over everyone

4 Likes

Haha yea… Makes me want more Hinata moments in my 3D life. Sweet and silly, but also tough :orange_heart: :muscle:

2 Likes

I won’t be there for our reading session this week: I’ll be with some friends celebrating our winning of the housecup for our Harry Potter-online forum. But I wish you lots of fun. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s now looking unlikely I’ll be able to make it this week as got a friend visiting. Hope you all have a great time, they are such fun chapters!

4 Likes

Signup sheet for chapters 32 and 33 is up.
The line between counting utterances like “っ!” (small tsu) as 1 line or no lines is blurry.

No one felt overwhelming, but Ukai, Nekomata, and Takeda still have the most panels between them.

3 Likes

I probably won’t make it this week either as I got a family event.

3 Likes

After these chapeters I’ll probably never get 技 wrong again. It’s used so much here. ^^

3 Likes

Reading sheet up! I thought about moving speaking partners together in the list, but it felt too jumbled. Left it more or less the same order it’s been.

No speaking partner for Yamaguchi so he has no lines :sob: (he’s unmatched, too powerful)

So many good expressions this chapter.

4 Likes

Volume 4 終わった!
Next week we’ll watch episodes 11-13 of the Haikyuu anime, which correspond with the chapters we’ve read.

In the Volume 5 post, we’ll put up a poll to see if we want to read two chapters a week again, or back to one. Keep an eye out for that!

Our first read-aloud of volume 5 will be on September 4

4 Likes

I might be a bit late for today’s viewing as I’m having dinner with my parents. So you don’t have to explicitly wait for me.

2 Likes

That was a fun watch along!
Okay… so thread is updated as Vol 4+5 (minimal work, maximum use). See you all next week for Vol 5!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, for this week’s read-aloud, do we plan to do 1 chapter or 2? Sorry, I forgot what we decided together last Saturday…

I think we decided to do a poll for the volume in general, which I still think which should do.

I vote for 1 chapter for this week’s read-aloud, though, because there’s a lot of dialog in these first two chapters.

1 Like

I second on 1 chapter this week.

Created a poll under the section “Reading Schedule”.
Everyone, please cast your vote here, thanks! → “How many chapter per week” poll

2 Likes

Dito.

Though it’s fun reading Ukai in coaching-mode during training. Reminds me so much of my own coaches. ^^

1 Like

Chapter 35 character sign-up sheet is up.

Don’t be fooled, Ukai talks the most this chapter.

Also, enjoy my interpretive descriptions of the various Tokonami players.

1 Like

Chapter 36 character sign-up sheet is up.
Which was totally self-serving as I plan to put my name in for some minor roles only: I’ll be away wed-mon but can borrow my mom’s smartphone, but in case the connections not going to hold I wouldn’t dump some read-heavy role on you.

Get your tissues ready for the last pages. :wink:

1 Like

thank you for taking care of sign-ups!

i’m out of town so i have to miss this week. have fun all!

So sorry for the Short notice, but it seems it wont Work for me Today. The Browser in my mom’s Phone doesn’t Support the voice als mic-function on Discord and the Display won’t even adjust so i could Read or Type a Comment. I tried installing the App (again Display Problems) or another Browser, but that’s only through the play store and neither of us go an Account. :((