ハイキュー・Haikyuu! 🏐 Vol. 3

Thank you so much for the link! I’m not much on yt nowadays so I didn’t know about that. Really interesting to get a more professional look on Haikyuu and some more details about the technique and some minor things (didn’t event think about the socks ^^, but it really seems to be more specifically japanese: in germany most players cover at least their ankles and some even wear stockings). Seems like I something knew to binge watch now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ok, premiere. Here is my first question…about the word ちゃんと
On page 12 in the last image:

ちゃんとエ-スが居るんだ…

What does it mean here? For me it feels like “so we have a real ace”, but “real” is not one of the translations that jisho offers (the closest would be “proper” I guess?).

1 Like

Yeah, you got it! I always think of ちゃんと as “doing it right”, which I’m not 100% sure is the actual nuance of the word, but still. Sometimes dictionary translations are not spot-on since context can change the word you’d use in English. But yeah, in this context, proper/real!

2 Likes

Chapter 18 character sheet up

Some meaty bits for a handful of characters.
Scraps for Tsuki and Yams (too powerful)

5 Likes

Going to have to miss this week’s readalong as it’s the same time as the Eurovision finals and my friends always have a watching party (online this year). Hope you have fun and will be back for next time!

3 Likes

Enjoy the craziness!

1 Like

Have fun! Do they have good songs this year? I was totally suprised reading yesterday, that the semi-finals already happend. I don’t usually follow it but sometimes they do have pretty good songs.

I quite like to go into it not having heard any of the songs, especially as my friends that run the watch party usually encourage scoring of all the acts on sometimes silly criteria so that’s fun to do without knowing what is coming :slight_smile: So I have no idea what I’m getting myself in for music wise hahaha

2 Likes

I didn’t really have time this week to read & prepare, so I’ll be taking on the minor characters this time.

2 Likes

Chapter 19 list up.

Bird-nurturer Ukai gets most of the spotlight this week.
Team Dad Daichi gives a pep talk.
Surprise Sugawara soliloquy at the end.

I’m building a study routine on the weekends, so hope y’all don’t mind these going up early.

4 Likes

Quite the opposite actually, thank you for putting these up! :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

All good, thanks for putting it up! It helps keeping me in line with my own study plan.

2 Likes

Would anyone mind if I reversed the vocab sheet so more recent chapters are closer to the front? That seems more useful going forward to me…

3 Likes

Go for it! Still have the intro/instructions page first, yeah?

1 Like

Yes, please! I second that. Thanks @BarelyFragile

たけちゃん why do you have to speak in so much kanji??

4 Likes

kinda suits him though, doesn’t it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Chapter 20 sign-up sheet live.

Emotions running high, but only like 3 people are saying anything more than a line.

Should we split lines?

3 Likes

Thank you for the sign-up sheet!

I read the chapter quickly and Nishinoya and Asahi do have a lot of lines… if we do split the parts maybe around page 78 for Asahi

トスを呼ぶのが怖くなった

and 82 for Nishinoya

だけど勝手に諦めんのは許さねえよ

But if someone is up for a whole part that’s fine by me too!

4 Likes

Also happy to split lines, and may be for the best for this situation. @Akifuyu’s suggestions are good, imo.

2 Likes