ハイキュー・Haikyuu! 🏐 Vol. 3

Would anyone mind if I reversed the vocab sheet so more recent chapters are closer to the front? That seems more useful going forward to me…

3 Likes

Go for it! Still have the intro/instructions page first, yeah?

1 Like

Yes, please! I second that. Thanks @BarelyFragile

たけちゃん why do you have to speak in so much kanji??

4 Likes

kinda suits him though, doesn’t it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Chapter 20 sign-up sheet live.

Emotions running high, but only like 3 people are saying anything more than a line.

Should we split lines?

3 Likes

Thank you for the sign-up sheet!

I read the chapter quickly and Nishinoya and Asahi do have a lot of lines… if we do split the parts maybe around page 78 for Asahi

トスを呼ぶのが怖くなった

and 82 for Nishinoya

だけど勝手に諦めんのは許さねえよ

But if someone is up for a whole part that’s fine by me too!

4 Likes

Also happy to split lines, and may be for the best for this situation. @Akifuyu’s suggestions are good, imo.

2 Likes

jup, sounds good to me, too. Otherwise there really wouldn’t be much to read for everyone else.

3 Likes

Chapter 21 character sheet up!

Asahi and Sugawara are the big talkers, but Noya, Daichi, and Ukai all get one whole page of monologue to themselves.

Unrelated, went to a friend’s backyard bbq and got to play around with a volleyball. Bumping is hard!

6 Likes

Chapter 22 sign-ups live.

Everyone talks a little bit, including general team shouts.

4 Likes

Hope you guys don’t mind, but made a Kitsun deck based on the vocab sheet here. I’m not reading along but always liked the anime and noticed my lack of sports lingo. Will update as the list grows.

6 Likes

Chapter 23 sign-ups live.

Chatter-box Kageyama hogging all the lines. Hinata gets his share of lines too. Maybe want to split these if someone doesn’t want to take them all on.

Lots of other characters—getting 1 or 2 lines and some vocal reactions.

5 Likes

Kageyama in this chapter is such peak Kageyama hahaha.

:crown::crown::crown:

3 Likes

Chapter 24 sign-up sheet live.

Pop Quiz! Can you remember which Neighborhood Association dude is which? They all have at least one line this chapter.

Discussion prompt! Which Nekoma players do you think are saying which lines at the end of this chapter?

Kanji challenge! We’re trying our hands at identifying and translating the kanji on everyone’s shirts on the chapter splash page. Join in! Use spoiler tags for your answers so folks can try it for themselves.

3 Likes

Ooo, fun! Thanks for the signup sheet and the pop quiz.

Btw, @JuiceS had cracked this challenge (and I cracked myself up reading her translations :joy: It’s so good!). Check it out on Discord!

2 Likes

some of those t-shirts are really on point for them XD

does it count if you only remember them by their trade than by names? ^^

2 Likes

I won’t be able to join the read along this week because I will be on a train (I might join the audio to listen to you though!) :blush:

I love the Kanji t-shirts, it’s going to make me really happy if I come across those 四字熟語 later and think about Haikyuu!! I only knew 一期一会 and 七転八起

4 Likes

As Shimada is using his jump-float-serve this chapter, I tried making a short animation of how it looks from the receiver’s perspective (as well as I remember) to give you a better idea why it’s so difficult to receive (I omitted the jump and any possible rotation of the ball (though there shouldn’t be much to begin with) and it probably should’nt go as high over the net as I drew it -.-'; also the ball is an older design as what they use today and in Haikyuu).
For a good receive you should place yourself right behind the ball but that’s hard to do when the ball is moving (floating) to the side in a curve at the last moment.
float-serve_receive

6 Likes

This is so cool! Thank you, having this insider perspective is really helpful, I’m learning a lot :blush:

I guess the one shouting and getting all excited about using the Shinkansen for the first time is Yamamoto, since he’s the loudest. And maybe the one who says he’s never been to Miyagi prefecture is Yaku? But that’s just guessing

2 Likes