ハイキュー・Haikyuu! 🏐 Vol. 2

Finally added this week’s read-aloud sheet. I spent a while debating whether or not I should split the aoba josai players outside of Kindaichi, but with the length of the character list as it is it seemed unnecessary.

The opposite team coach has some pretty fat dialogue, just warning whoever takes him. He pulls a Daichi in this chapter pretty hard.

3 Likes

So that’s become a fixed expression now. XD

2 Likes

should this be an instance of using the part 1 and 2 split to divide the work?

1 Like

If you want to! There are no fixed rules for this. Currently, the people who want to read a character sign up for part 1 (if it’s available), and leave part 2 for someone else to sign up for. If no one signs up for part 2, then the person who signed up for part 1 reads the whole thing. Otherwise, they split it, no hard feelings.

1 Like

I’m a bit late, but if you want to we can split the character between the two of us? I didn’t want to sign up for him because he speaks non-stop & too much, but doing half of it sounds alright! (Obv, if you want to take his whole dialogue feel free to do so ^^)
He talks for 4 pages first, gets interrupted, and then talks again for a few pages, so we can split it during the “intermission”. I’ll take Takeda too since he has a small role!

2 Likes

Splitting it works for me! I’ll take which part hasn’t been signed up for yet (will check after I post this). I’ll take the other bit parts too (aoba players + crowd)

2 Likes

As it’s already thursday, I just aded this week’s read-aloud sheet. I tried sorting a bit for who speaks how much.

3 Likes

Thanks @JuiceS.
This week is flying by so fast for me, haven’t gotten the chance to read the chapter yet…

No problem. I’m unexpectedly early in reading this week as I was procrastinating on some other stuff. ^^’

1 Like

Hi pals! It’s the end of Thursday for me, so I figured I’d put up the read-aloud sheet for chp 15.
It’s a heavy Takeda episode in the first half. Busy teacher’s first big speech!
then Oikawa speaks his mind in the second.

I grouped the list more or less by number of lines.

I’m not able to join on the 24th, so I’m glad I could contribute this.

3 Likes

I did it, I freaking did it and bought the first two volumes just to join in(couldn’t resist Haikyuu). Even though I didn’t read the first volume and I have no base whatsoever for this, literally zero grammar and zero experience, I will silently listen you guys read. Hopefully I would learn a few things along the way.

6 Likes

Thanks @potatonaught, and hope you can join us again next week.

2 Likes

@tsundokurey Of course, come join us. I didn’t join until the last 2 chapters of vol.1, and things worked out just fine. Hope to see you in the read-aloud.

1 Like

Already in the discord :smile: thank you

@rainysunday @JuiceS volleyball tv is free for April if you guys interested.(may be it’ll be free longer I’m not sure though)

1 Like

:eyes: おや?おや?

signed-up and watching women’s world cup 2019 japan v netherlands. ありがとう

1 Like

wah~ I didn’t even know something like that existed. I seldom watch sports on tv in general. I’ll definitely check it out. :slight_smile:

Join us in the new, volume 3 reading thread!

Hi everyone, the thread for Vol. 3 is up → ハイキュー・Haikyuu! 🏐 Vol. 3
Waiting for the moderator to turn it into a wiki.

1 Like

@sycamore

Hope you’re doing well! Just wanted to check in and see if you wanted to join us for the anime viewing session this Saturday or the volume 3 read alouds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for checking in! Had a few work/life things that meant I needed to scale back on things quite a bit to avoid burn out but life is starting to calm down a little!

I have caught up to the start of vol 3 actually! think I should be able to join for at least some of the watchalong tonight depending how late it runs and hopefully will be able to join back in with the readalongs at least semi-frequently going forward :slight_smile:

3 Likes