デンジはまた読んでる — denji’s reading thread

last night i read the first chapter of ishidas new manga 超人X and it was good (getting pretty used to his writing style) but the rest of the chapters arent availablr ig cause i dont have a subscription to the website its published on

maybe ill look into that in the future idk but tokyo ghoul is still going strong for me atm

1 Like

At least here it says you can read all of them in the app, maybe it’s everything but Japanese.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100160

And here it says you can read the first 3 for free, and if you join the site, they give you 100 points for free, with which you can rent 2 chapters. I don’t know how much 50 points cost or if you can get them for free, though you usually can somehow.

1 Like

manga plus looks like its free but i dont think they do japanese no
and i didnt know it was on jump plus i found it on tonari no young jump, the websites are pretty similar though thats where ive been reading chainsaw man

ill join later and see what i can access thanks

1 Like

almost done with volume 3

just comments

also i wonder how they got the same nuance in this scene in the english translation (looks like rize comes out a little when kanekis hungry)

1 Like
last few pages

context seems pretty self explanatory tbh, amon is getting attacked by this old lady ghoul, phrases im stuck on are circled

こちとら= i
ピンピン= lively or full of life
じゃコラァ= ???

and im just not sure what のだけ has to do with this, doubting myself because the regular use of だけ (as in just kill me ig?) doesnt seem to make sense with the 勘弁しておくれ
is it part of なんちゃっ (i assume its ちゃう)? that would make it ‘youre just gonna kill me’ i think which would make a little more sense

1 Like

ピンピンじゃ
コラァ

2 Likes

殺すのだけは… なんちゃっ(て)

Please spare me, at least from killing me… Just kidd-

So it’s just in reverse order.

Normally, it’d be:

殺すのだけは勘弁してくれ

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

i feel dumb for not putting that together because ive seen じゃ like that many many times

should prob not be doing this at midnight lmao but the reverse order makes sense (and なんちゃって not なんちゃう)

side note finished volume 3 this pace feels pretty sustainable

2 Likes

Yeah, it just makes sense naturally because they love doing that. I had to think why it worked with the は at the end. :sweat_smile:

Let’s go! :muscle:

1 Like

touka and kaneki are tlaking about how to get better are fighting and kaneki says シュババって, looked it up (wasnt in jisho) and a japanese forum said its like the sound of running up to someone

seems like the general feel kanekis going for when hes talking about how he wants to fight can anyone confirm that definition

1 Like

images (1)
images
s300_s0023_8_0

4 Likes

works for me😎

1 Like
1 Like

im like halfway through fullmetal alchemist 2003 rn

1 Like

ive been extremely busy this month and school starts next week but this weekend ill sit down and read some
i havent been home a lot but that should be dying down as summer ends and hopefully school doesnt ramp up too quickly

1 Like