デンジはまた読んでる — denji’s reading thread

um shoot so i may or may not have read the entirety of volume ten in the last few hours😅

i have no words lmao so much js happened

3 Likes

So do you feel like it’s got gradually easier for you to read over the course of those ten volumes?

2 Likes

its gotten wayyyyyy easier and ive improved a lot at figuring out big sentences

2 Likes
Summary

ok im almost on the lst chapter but theres something i m having trouble with, denji is about to finally kill makima even though he still loves her (theres a lot of context here that would be too hard to elaborate on)

dont mind the carpet

anyway in あんな目にあっといて, ik hes using 目 as in experiences but how should i interpret (会 maybe?)あっといて? im pretty sure its the ておく form of like the verb, but how does that fit into this context?

1 Like

目にあう

to go through, to suffer, to experience (something unpleasant)

遭う by itself is to have an accident, to have a bad experience

あっておいて?

It’s basically the difference between ひどい目に遭う happening naturally, and being put in those situations by someone, i.e., Makima.

3 Likes

I FINISHED THE SERIES!!! it was really really good honestly cant wait to see it animated

since part two is being released currently ill prob update this thread in case i have any questions, but for now thanks to everyone who helped out i feel like my japanese has improved a ton and im really glad i read this and looking back this only took me like about 5 weeks? damn

anyway i rly recomend this cant wait to see what comes next!

4 Likes

Read something else next. :eyes:

2 Likes

ill try and find smth

1 Like

i was successfully able to navigate the shounen jump+ website (in jaoanese) where part two is being serialized, and i made an acc and now its letting me read chapter 98

all four chapters up so far say 無料 so i hope they keep it that way🙏

2 Likes

@Kazzeon im thinking like maybe jujutsu kaisen next? idk i could keep questions or wtv on this thread and js make it my reading thread or smth but jjk looks pretty interesting i think i might try out the first volune or smth

2 Likes

Jujutsu Kaisen is pretty pog.

Already watched the anime and don’t care much about spoilers. I mostly watch it for the cool scenes.

Yeah, you could make it your reading thread.

2 Likes

alr sounds good

2 Likes

shouldnt this be なったら?

1 Like

If I was able to become?

2 Likes

oh yeah right

2 Likes

im caught up on part two of chainsaw man so ill prob start jjk tmr

2 Likes

not much context here but how does 同 work is it like a set phrase?

(同二年)

2 Likes

It’s the regular meaning of 同 as a prefix:

1. the same; the said

Without context can’t really say much more than that.

3 Likes

i mean theyre introducing the characters in the club but thats pretty much the second panel of the first chapter so not much context to begin with

1 Like

In that case I suppose they intend for you to assume that this is something the two characters already know about but that they haven’t explained to the reader yet.

1 Like