デンジはまた読んでる — denji’s reading thread

:skull:

1 Like

She really said, “don’t come to school tomorrow”.

2 Likes

i shouldnt have laughed as hard as i did when i read it for the first time

2 Likes

i havent been updating this but the new csm chapter gonna make me cry fr idek half of the words asas saying in english😭

2 Likes

i started reading tokyo ghoul again👍

3 Likes

alr the past 10 months have been a trip

i read a few chapters of tokyo ghoul back in march but im out of school now and i rly wanna start again, slower this time maybe a few pages a day so i dont get hit by another lack of motivation and stop

prob will think abt plans for what other manga ill be reading (or trying again on) in the futurs but id rather just take it slow for now and am excited to start again and actually wanna be doing this

(also i have been keeping up on the new chainsaw man chapters and i had a question on the most recent one which prompted this ill post it in a few)

i think ill read a little tokyo ghoul later today too i wanna at least try and get back on track in japanese all around at some point this summer

2 Likes
chainsaw man question

this is at the start of the chapter where schoolkids are talking about the massive devil attack that happened yesterday, but ive never seen さ used like this

学校さ、人は少なくない?
this makes a little more sense i think is that kinda whats going on here or?

1 Like

That’s how I’d read it.

Doesn’t mean that’s what they were going for, but I also fail to think of anything else.

1 Like

Also, welcome back!

If it makes you feel better, I’ve been here the whole time, and I haven’t really read anything in Japanese, I don’t think. :thinking:

1 Like

yeah youve been here for a while thanks for all the help

so touka (ive mentiomed her before right?) just finished finals i think and based on other stuff she says im assuming shes talking about them here

so what exactly does ヤマ外す mean cause tbh i cant figure anything out

2 Likes

Who?

Just kidding, she’s my waifu. <3

1 Like

Apparently related to

Where 山 is the last one here.

The opposite of

3 Likes

ohh ok ok

interesting usage of やま🤨

2 Likes

I also found that it might come from the △ when checking a test or so being called やま, so when you 当たる it, you’re getting right what to review for the test, but I’m not 100% convinced.

2 Likes

finished with volume 2

lack of furigana makes it harder but its getting easier

2 Likes

im like halfway through vol 3 but im on a trip until monday so im gonna take a break for a few days

1 Like
quesiton

kaneki is fighting amon the ghoul investigator and doing another one of his monologues trying to make sense of the world and what he should do, and makes up his mind to take a bite out of amon

ive never seen ながらにして though and im having a hard time comprehending it what does it mean

1 Like

生まれながら is a phrase that means “naturally, by birth”.

Does that help?

2 Likes

ohh ok yeah thanks i was breaking it up wrong