デンジはまた読んでる — denji’s reading thread

They’re also (同) 2nd years (二年). :slight_smile:

Lol, I didn’t remember who they were at first.

2 Likes

Yup, that there makes the most sense. :slight_smile:

I actually missed that the text was introductory boxes. I thought it was dialogue. :+1:

1 Like

It would actually be the same if it was dialogue, just them introducing themselves. Though you wouldn’t use 同 in that case, probably just say 二年.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean I completely ignored the blah-blah-研究会-blah-blah part. I didn’t realize their names were there until I read your post. :laughing:

1 Like

i thought so but what would that be for, seeing as yuuji was introduced first and hes a first year?

1 Like

Can you share the page?

I remember later they give some information that makes it seem like they’ve known each other for a while at least. Though I don’t remember specifics.

I found it, I see.

Yuuji’s intro says the name of the school, the year, and his name.

It’s saying that they’re 2nd years in the same school, I’m fairly sure.

I couldn’t find anything on 同#年, so that makes more sense, plus you’re right about him being a first year while they’re second years.

alo was right about needing context… :unamused:

2 Likes

im sorry :sob: i didnt think the one panel would help all that much

at least i know for next time lmao

2 Likes

I wasn’t shit talking you btw. :rofl:

I just thought the answer was obvious but it ended up not being the case, so I was a bit annoyed.

2 Likes

i figured you were joking haha but i still need to get better at showing the full context💀

on an unrelated note, this first chaoter is so damn text heavy taking pictures is a pain

1 Like

Yeah, that’s mostly why I’m put off of reading manga in Japanese. It can be easy, but then there are random lore/info dumps, and I’m like :weary:. That’s why I mostly read stuff in the easy clubs, even though that doesn’t make them necessarily easy, they’re usually not gonna have that.

Though they’re reading Death Note, so…

1 Like
spooky school throwback

so yuuji is think back on his grandpas death (like as his motivation for saving people yk) and he says like ‘i think you had a proper death (or died properly)’

does 死ねた carry any meaning or is it the same as 死んだ?

also my friend is a lifesaver for letting me borrow the first volume

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re going to like this one…

Were/was able to die.

2 Likes

NO NOT POTENTIAL FORM💀

i thought it might be that but then started to doubt myself

2 Likes

alr finished chapter 1 and i think getting used to the writing style and stuff is gonna be 1000x easier this time around

1 Like
talking abt sukuna

sukuna js popped out of yuujis hand and told gojo he was gonna kill him, so now gojo is explaining to yuuji what sukuna is

is the little footnote abt 死蝋 or whatever saying that its formed to keep bodies from decomposing or? honestly wtf even is 死蝋 in the first place😅

1 Like

Grave wax

Basically the stuff that fat turns into when bodies decompose. If you’re up to it an image search is pretty informative but it’s not a picture I’d want to post here. :wink:

腐敗を免れ蝋 - the wax that escapes from decomposing
蝋化した死体 - (changed to) waxy corpse (roughly)

When writing the above, my IME wouldn’t get the kanji for ろう unless I used 死蝋 and deleted the 死, so while ろう would be something the reader would know, 死蝋, like the English grave wax, would probably need a note to explain what it is.

2 Likes

oh got it ok

pretty random thing for gojo to say i havent even heard of that in english🥴

2 Likes

It’s the thing the finger is coated with?

Or what?

I didn’t read all that. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

that could be it but they didnt say anything abt it

2 Likes

It’s funny, I used to actively seek out stuff with furigana but now it’s harder to read since it takes up so much space. :joy:

1 Like