チーズスイートホーム Reading club [Finished]

Now as in very soon :wink:
But lets wait for others! =D

It would be my preference to do one thread per volume. Nice and neat =)
Has worked well with the other spin offs =^_^=
Some do one per week, but Chi has small enough volumes to do one per volume =)

Bwahaha, now I got to be the lazy one! :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to say that after a version update, the furigana quality is much better, at least on bookwalker.

1 Like

Is there anything the reader has to do or can I simply update the first post to remove the warning? (or say it’s ok on Bookwalker)

I’d mention that it was fixed on bookwalker at least. I’m not sure about the other ebook vendors though since I don’t use them, but I’d assume they’d be similar.

It probably depends on why it has improved (new files, fixed viewer, etc.), on whether they have the same source files (especially if it’s the cause of the issue) and maybe on whether they care enough to update or not :man_shrugging:

In any case, first post updated, thank you for the report :smiley_cat:

honto.jp also has very high-res version with easily readable furigana.

I might join, too. Not sure if I can manage along with the other 2, but I’m interested and at least attempt to keep up. :slight_smile:

ありがとう, I added a link in the first post.

Well, these threads will be open for at least 10 years so you can always come back when you have more time if you can’t keep up now :smile_cat:

2 Likes

So~
It’s 1AM in Japan, meaning the 13th is in 23h but the poll about the start date is… tied ^^’ (for anyone reading this in the future, 4 of the 5 options have 2 votes each, the last has 0)

Should we wait a week more? Or ping the one that said they will read but not when until they answer? :angry: Or start on Friday anyway? But it will be strange if we are only two to read :zipper_mouth_face: (@Viridithon already read the 2nd volume and can participate though)

Sorry, I didn’t vote in that poll because I was fine with any of the dates, but for the sake of breaking the tie, I’d be most comfortable with starting on the 20th - I just recorded my vote in the poll.

Meow~

1 Like

I don’t mind waiting till the date that other people wanted, so we become more people =)
Moved mine to 20th, just to help reflect that.
At that point most of us are ready at least. Hopefully the few who picked later can either join then or catch up.

I’m fine starting whenever as well.

Ok, I’ll let the poll open a little longer (probably until Sunday around 20h UTC, it will have been a little over a week since the creation of the thread) but we’re likely to start on the 20th then :smiley_cat:

On one paw, I want to complain about having to wait but, on the other, I don’t have to, I could start reading and maybe also start preparing the vocab sheet :thinking: I’ll probably create the doc later today then (not now or I’ll keep avoiding work to complete it ^^')

2 Likes

With 56% of the votes, Sep. 20th wins.

I don’t think having a thread per volume is very useful as we will have a thread per 3 chapters; for now, I’m following Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread example but I’m open to suggestions.

I have added the vocab sheet in the first post (with some entries for the 4 first chapters so far) as well as a reading schedule:

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 September 20th Chapters 21-23
Week 2 September 27th Chapters 24-26
Week 3 October 4th Chapters 27-29
Week 4 October 11th Chapters 30-32
Week 5 October 18th Chapters 33-35
Week 6 October 25th Chapters 36-38 + Special menu

The “Special menu” doesn’t have any dialogue so I think it’s fine to have it with the last 3 (real) chapters of the book.

Is everyone ok with this schedule?

• Yes
  • No
  • Obviously not since I wanted to start later :angry:

0 voters

1 Like

こんにちは、皆さん!

The first week thread is here, ready to read? :smiley_cat:

We are now reading the last chapters of volume 2, do you want to start volume 3 right away or take a break?

• Continue
  • Wait a bit
  • I don’t read Chi but I want to vote

0 voters

I’m fine with both options, so I’ll abstain from voting unless we have another tie…

I didn’t thought about that before but I just saw in にゃんにゃん探偵団 Home Thread – Kitty Detectives 2! that they will take a break for Christmas (and also at the beginning of December, why?)

Do you want breaks for the holidays?

• Around Christmas (20-26)
  • For the new year (27-02)
  • Both
  • None
  • I like to click in polls I should not vote in

0 voters

Just to help people keep up / catch up. There are three stories, so we’re taking a week’s break between each one.

Oh! Ok, thanks :slight_smile: Chapter two is really short, isn’t it? (I’ll probably read the book some day (cats! :smiley_cat:) but, right now, I don’t think I can handle more than one book at a time :x)

But even without that, some people are less available during the second half of December because they have to travel to see their family and spend time with them so it might still be interesting to have a break at that time.

There are 18 chapters in the third volume; if we start next week, we should finish the 12th of December; if we wait a week, we will finish just before Christmas.

1 Like

Since @2OC3aOdKgwSGlxfz is (at least currently) the only one answering questions in this club and is asking for some time off around Christmas, we don’t have any choice but to take a break then :<

Let’s have a week-long break now (between books) to (hopefully) help @Kappa420 catch up and another one between the 20-26; otherwise we would either have 2 blank weeks after volume 3 or start vol4 and have a break after the first week :-/

Edit: calendar for vol3:

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 November 8th Chapters 39-41
Week 2 November 15th Chapters 42-44
Week 3 November 22nd Chapters 45-47
Week 4 November 29th Chapters 48-50
Week 5 December 6th Chapters 51-53
Week 6 December 13th Chapters 54-56
2 Likes