ですか

っつう = と言う

5 Likes

thanks youre a lifesaver💀

2 Likes

ok not a question but i just read a full two pages and understood everything

progress!!:partying_face:

except i have a question abt the next page

makima took denji to a restaurant (makima ordered udon) but there was a devil, so she told denji to go kill it

my question is when shes talking abt the udon, how is 伸びちゃう used (ちゃう means something is finished right?)
afaik its used for growing and stretching and improving and things like that, is there a more abstract meaning to it or one that idk?

2 Likes

Meaning #5 on Jisho:

to lose elasticity; to become slack; to become soggy (e.g. noodles)

I’d guess it’s “the udon noodles got completely soggy”.

My guess for the whole line is:

> even if your udon gets completely soggy, you’re the only one who can kill the monster.

I’m not totally sure since I’m not sure how to parse から here.

Edit:

Or maybe “go kill the monster by yourself”

2 Likes

Again, this is weird not knowing the context and all, but my guess is actually: “The Udon will get soggy, so go kill the demon on your own.”

The から has to be used in a causative context here, and the だけ is missing.

But that’s just my assumption based on the information on the page.

(By the way, idk how to censore lines on here. Hope it doesn’t bother anything this early in the beginning. I haven’t read Chainsaw Man yet either.)

5 Likes

the chef just said that her order was ready so im assuming its more like ‘because my udon will get all soggy, go kill the devil by yourself’ maybe?

2 Likes

hit the gear at the top right and cluck on either spoiler or summary

but atp theres no real spoilers so its fine

Yeah, I added an edit after typing before I saw you and @JustHiro ’s posts. :+1:

Yeah, I mostly used the spoiler tag in case you wanted to work it out without seeing my attempt. :+1:

2 Likes
context

basically aki (denjis 先輩) beat denji up because he only wanted to be a devil hunter to get closer to makima, denji ended up fighting back

that leads to my question

what does he mean by 優しい here because aki is definitely not kind or gentle (unless its a negative which is totally flying over my head rn

also aki says smth abt 優しい too but i dont really get what hes trying to say

First panel doesn’t appear in any of those pages; without context, he’s just saying the other guy is kind.

Second panel, Aki says “Maybe my kindness isn’t getting through to you” – in the following panel he has a long speech that amounts to “I’m doing this for your own good”, ie “I’m being kind by beating you up because if I let you go ahead you’re going to get yourself killed”.

2 Likes

the first panel is the first panel on the next page after those three pages

Oh, right; I was confused because I assumed it came before the second panel :slight_smile: . Well, it just means “you’re a kind guy”, anyway – Denji is agreeing (either actually, or sarcastically – the following dialogue will tell you which) with Aki’s self-assessment on the previous page.

2 Likes

so denji just told aki that he loves makima and now im pretty sure aki is saying ‘makima would never love a punk/dick (?) like you’

my question is abt denjis response, ik that you can use 好きなだけ for as much as you want so is denji saying ‘and you just want makima all to yourself (so you can be w her as much as you want) dont you?’ thats all i could come up with but otherwise im at a loss

1 Like

hes prob saying ‘you just like makima too dont you?’ now that ive had time to think about it

1 Like

is denji singing a song?:woozy_face:what is he even saying

(akis the one saying hes taking too long cause hes crashing at akis place atm)

Maybe he’s beat boxing to go along with the バン バン?

2 Likes

I assumed he didn’t know the words but still wanted to sing along!

3 Likes
so i pretty much understand these two pages

denji is talking about how hes living his dream life now, but aki (i assume) still wants more, everyone does. just living isnt enough and they all have goals

then he tries to figure out each of their real goals (aki wants revenge, those cops down there are trying to protect their families)

correct me if im wrong but thats what i got

but this next page just throws me off

so he talks about what hed like to do with makima on this page, but thats his goal not makima’s, and wasnt he just talking about other peoples goals why did it all of a sudden bring up his? wasnt he trying to figure out makimas goals or did i get the meaning of those two oages before conpletely wrong?

ok so reading it again and looking at context i figured put that denji is trying to figure out what his goal should be (aki told him he was the only one who wasnt serious abt being a devil hunter, saying that denji didnt have a strong conviction or reason). but my question still kinda stands here, when he brought up makima ‘マキマさんもなんかあるのか?’ is he trying to figure out makimas goal just like the last two panels? what is going in here and im sorry if the question doesnt make that much sense

1 Like

Yes, you pretty much got it all.

What you’re missing is that when he’s wondering about Makima’s goal, he starts to think about Makima, and the panel focuses on something specific, which brings him to his newfound 本気のゴール.

1 Like

ohhh so like an ‘aha!’ moment that tracks

1 Like