シャドーハウス Volume 3

Story Comments

That ending though!?

I have to admit, 36 took a bit of a re-read to feel like I followed along with what is happening in general, but the ending just has me bewildered completely. Excited for the next volume for sure!

7 Likes

Don’t forget to follow along with volume 4!

6 Likes

Ok finally started Vol3 ch25… what the heck is this word :slight_smile:
page 13
フェーヴか本で読んだ
It’s in the vocab list but not defined…

not sure why it’s even there if it’s blank …?

2 Likes

If I remember right, they explain the word to the reader each other, but if you want a spoiler:

5 Likes

very helpful…I sort of knew what they meant but not having any English word … ugh
especially doesn’t help when it doesn’t pop up in jisho or weblio

I’m not done yet but it sounds like the same thing (or similar to) the

baby baked into the king cake…though not religious person so can’t remember when that’s done, new years, or some other holiday but anyway… back to trying to catch up

3 Likes

feel silly asking this but…what is this kanji? (bottom of page 23)

5 Likes

I’m thinking 扱.

6 Likes

Thanks!!!..gonna fix the vocab list :wink: cuz I couldn’t figure it out and what is there doesn’t match word in the manga.

edit…finished ch 26…
yeah no longer one whole volume behind!

next edit (cuz posting in a row I’ll get stuck…made it through chapter 28!!)

6 Likes

one chapter left and finally will be done with this vol… personally not loving this vol but pushing through because I keep hearing vol 4 is really interesting…

btw @ChristopherFritz been adding vocab to the lists as I go…but not sure why or how … the colors that are automated on the page numbering sometimes work fine and sometimes don’t. Since it’s cosmetic I did try cutting and pasting and a few things but nothing really seemed to work and didn’t want to screw up what was already done…

if there’s an easy way to recolor w/o messing up the page numbering then would be nice to know…all I was doing was clicking insert row…didn’t expect that to mess up the coloring (sometimes it was fine and other times it was not…heck if i know why…but anyway … will try to finish this last chapters reading tomorrow (if I can) and then actually start vol4 …

(and you’re all about to start vol5… need a survey button that says I’m reading behind (not along hehe) and may never catch up :wink: )

6 Likes

Do keep going! A heads up that it does continue in a similar vein for a few chapters of volume 4. I still enjoyed them. But then there’s a series of very interesting revelations and the story moves forward a lot.

6 Likes

I’ve fixed the colour formatting :slight_smile:
In my experience, the conditional formatting gets confused if you insert a row above the top row of vocab, so if I want to add a word to the top of the list I usually select the top row, add a row below it and move the existing contents of that row down. There is probably a smarter way to get around it though!

I didn’t dislike Volume 3, but it did feel a bit slow. Definitely push through to Volume 4! A lot has been happening in the last few chapters and I’ve been really enjoying it!

6 Likes

that may be it but I thought I had tried doing it w/o doing that … but could be someone else did that before me also…thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

could you share how you fixed it? (w/o redoing the whole thing wasn’t sure)

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile:
If you highlight the D column and go to Format>Conditional Formatting it’ll bring up a list of all of the formatting for that row.
Then click any of the colour options and you’ll see something like this

The formula below the custom formula option should look something like
=MOD(count(unique($D$3:D3)),6)=1
with a different final number for each colour.

When its broken though, they’ll say
=MOD(count(unique(#REF!)),6)=1

You just need to replace the #REF! with $D$3:D3 in each formula to fix it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks…cuz if it was excel I could have fixed it but with the google sheets wasn’t sure and didn’t want to mess up the whole sheet for something cosmetic :wink:

bookmarked for future use :smiley:

4 Likes

Volume 3 is my least favorite of the 12 volumes out so far. I found the maze stuff (which as mentioned does continue a bit into volume 4) to be repetitive. But about halfway through volume 4 is where the series goes from good to great.

5 Likes

finally done with this volume!!! just a long slow slog for me…
and kind of getting hit with lots of vocab I didn’t know (or couldn’t remember)
Sure hope vol4 proves to be better as everyone says!!

4 Likes