シャドーハウス Volume 3

Oh, that’s a cute phrase (if a bit mean). I’m trying to remember if they used that exact phrase at any point… I pretty much just remember them mocking her for the fall out of the window. But that phrase being a thing definitely works really well!

3 Likes

Definitely a distinct possibility, and it may be connected to that previous event too. “She’s an お花畑 for falling into the flower bed, get it?” is what I imagine one of the shadow lords saying to the others XD
(even though that doesn’t quite make sense lol)

3 Likes

I also think it’s this. If I recall correctly, Barbie gave her this name when she defended someone Barbie was berating. I don’t 100% remember that for sure though, I’d have to go back and look.

5 Likes

Yep, agree - that’s where the name came from.

So probably gossip among the Shadows - unless they’ve been watching the whole time??

3 Likes

Finally caught up to page 80 in these past few days. Was stuck at half of vol. 2 for a while because of college!

8 Likes

Just checking in since I have internet for the first time in a while! I’m still with you in spirit! Finished the series as it currently stands and it does not let up in terms of quality.

8 Likes

wow i have a lot of catching up to do when i get back home :smiley: Im so behind…

5 Likes

You’re in good company – I read six chapters this week to catch myself up!

6 Likes

Chapters 31 and 32

Start Date: 2022-11-11T15:00:00Z

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I have finished this part.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

6 Likes

Chapters 33 and 34

Start Date: 2022-11-18T15:00:00Z

08_891363_891184_2_105_001x

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

(Took a bit of time, but I’m finally caught up!)

5 Likes

I love this manga… it was just two chapters, but it had everything!

Scares

Ingenuity

Disdain

Hatred

Handicrafts

Did you really have the spare time to sew all those flowers in, Emilico?

Action

Mazes

Cliffhangers

11 Likes
Questions:
  • (Page 108) Rikki says 「しかし、ルウも結局自分のことしか考えない奴だな」, it seems he’s referencing what he said afterwards (about her abandoning Kate) but with the flow of the text I assumed at first he was referencing what he said before. Point is, is ”しかし” used here to “change the subject”?
  • (Page 109) Rikki says ”他の奴らに負けてたまるか”, what is 「まる」 here?
4 Likes

Haha, indeed, a rollercoaster of a chapter, but certainly tons of fun! :smiley:
ᴵ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃᵗᵉ ʳᵒˡˡᵉʳᶜᵒᵃˢᵗᵉʳˢ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵐʸ ᵃⁿᵃˡᵒᵍʸ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈˢ :ᴾ

4 Likes
Answers

Page 108: しかし can be used to change the subject. See definition #2. It certainly seems like the this sentence has nothing to do with the previous sentence and has to do with what he says right after this.

Page 109: It’s 負けて + たまる. て + たまるか is a pretty common phrase, so if you look that up you should find more.

8 Likes

Not sure of the small text here, from Ch.33.

Panel

Handwritten text, bottom-left callout.

Perhaps, ラムのお影(?) このルウ見ても動じなかったな

5 Likes
Text

I believe the kanji you are missing is 様

6 Likes

Chapters 35 and 36

Start Date: 2022-11-25T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

6 Likes
Kanji Question P106

Does anyone know what the 2nd Kanji on P106 is 時?は少し… It looks so simple but I couldn’t find it in my dictionary.

4 Likes

間 in Ryakuji form, that is, similar to Simplified Chinese (Mandarin). So, 門 / 门 has a noticeable pattern. I don’t know why would it be here, though (not even handwritten).

4 Likes

Thanks! I knew it was going to be some stylized form of a really basic kanji.

4 Likes