シメジシミュレーション・Shimeji Simulation 🍄 (Beginner Book Club)

To simplify the editing of the thread’s OP, maybe it would be helpful if the same person posts the thread AND the weekly posts? Or else I can post an empty thread and turn it into a wiki straight away.

I’m perfectly happy with either of those solutions. Setting up the thread takes a bit more time so I’m happy to save people doing that because it’s a one-time undertaking vs the weekly maintenance, but if someone else wants to do it that’s also fine!

1 Like

Just let me know and I’ll fire up an empty-ish wiki-ed thread for the two of you.

I’m happy to set it up. My new best friend @Phryne is setting up the next ABBC book, so I don’t have any others to run. I’ll set up the thread on Thursday ready to kick us of on Saturday.

5 Likes

Volume 2 home thread is up:

シメジシミュレーション Vol. 2 🍄

3 Likes

Just want to let people following the offshoot clubs know that the Beginner Book Club is now voting on our next pick, in case you’re interested: vote now!

And of course I have to write different things in each post, because otherwise Discourse gets upset at my spamming, which is honestly a legitimate complaint.

7 Likes

Beginner book club voting now

Another one of these posts I hope you guys don’t mind me hopping in here!

The beginner book club is currently voting on what to read next, you have until Sunday to participate. If you are interested have a look!

1 Like

Volume 3 will be released January 27

12 Likes

Cool, when do we start reading? :eyes: :innocent:

6 Likes

How do you find out when the release will be? By checking Amazon? I find myself Googling it every month or so to no avail.

Can’t wait to start!

The release date is stated on Amazon and other websites like Kadokawa. I don’t check regularly though, but I guess they just put it up very recently because I saw shops tweeting about it around yesterday.

2 Likes

Can I suggest 19th March as a start date for volume 3? That would give around 6 weeks for ordering and delivery.

I’m planning to read volume 3

• Yes
  • Not sure

0 voters

When would you like to start?

• March 19th sounds fine
  • I’d like to start earlier (please comment)
  • I’d like to start later (please comment)

0 voters

2 Likes

Woohoo :tada:
Looking forward to it! Since I’m going digital, I’m fine with whenever. :blush:

2 Likes

Home thread for volume 3:

1 Like

@JenK - would it be possible to make the opening post a wiki please?

Sorry for the delay! I was on vacation :grimacing: It’s now a wiki! Next time you need help with something, if you tag ‘Mods’, we’ll be able to respond faster!

4 Likes

Just a reminder we start volume 3 next weekend. :mushroom: :+1:

4 Likes

Volume 4 out January 27 :eyes:

10 Likes

Name clearly needs to be changed to レタスシミュレーション.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @Kappa421!

I’m happy to run the thread again.

Would you like to read volume 4 with the group?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

What edition will you be reading?
  • Physical
  • Digital

0 voters

When would you like to start?
  • 11th March (the usual option, gives 6 weeks to purchase physical copies)
  • Earlier (please comment)
  • Later (please comment)

0 voters

What’s your preferred reading speed?
  • 1 chapter per week
  • 2 chapters per week
  • Don’t mind

0 voters

2 Likes