キノの旅 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

This is what I’d like to call the familiarity with a word (or grammar expression). This is something that SRS systems can’t give you. Your brain right now is substituting the word for its English counterpart because it’s convinced it’s not familiar, and of course the English word won’t flow well with the rest of the sentence. The familiarity increases the more you read different sentences including the word, while linking it to a sense (picture, sound, feelings…), of course it counts big time if you have an interest in what you’re reading (as opposed to a sample sentence). This might be straightforward but it’s a topic I’ve been interested in lately :smile:

3 Likes

If I tap on the marked section (just briefly, without holding down) I get a menu that says e.g. “Edit” (so I can add text for example) and “Delete”. Is that what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Yes exactly, thanks! But this only worked on the mobile app, it seems I can’t get to it on my browser, which is what I tried before I asked. But this is good enough.

Oh sorry, I have never used Bookwalker in the browser, only on my iPad. So can’t comment on that…

I didn’t knew I wanted that before you showed me. I am now envious of your cute Kino and Hermes.

To answer the question above my current pace is 6 page per day and I don’t stop at the limit per week. Just my personal challenge. I also look all words I don’t know and put the useful one in my Kitsun deck.

3 Likes

Why does amazon.jp think that this is a good time to block my account from buying any more books. :angrykoichi:
Of course I’m on a 外国の旅行, a constant one that is.

Thanks amazon, now I will be behind the schedule. :angrymami:

2 Likes

Time to go hometo Japan

11 Likes

I installed TunnelBear on my iPhone just for purchasing Amazon ebooks. If you use a VPN, even if just for a moment, your purchase should go through.

3 Likes

I had to do the same :anguished:

I haven’t needed a VPN to buy from amazon.co.jp. Just an address in japan , I use my friend’s in Hiroshima.

You will need one after buying a certain amount of ebooks, just not immediately.

2 Likes

Click on pencil icon in top bar to show all marked sentences. You can remove after clicking edit button at the the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

やっと!

Just a chapter and a half to finish the book I’m currently reading, then I can play catch up.

7 Likes

Just got back from a trip and found my copy waiting for me! Time for some turboreading. I’m hoping to get caught up by the end of next week.

6 Likes

Week 3 is here!

10 Likes

And now, for something completely different.

8 Likes

I haven’t read any of this week’s reading yet! :scream:

Guess I’ll try to speed read it before the reading out loud group tomorrow.

6 Likes

Week 5 is here!

7 Likes

よろしくお願い致します。

6 Likes