🐶 わんわん探偵団 🕵 Home Thread - Doggy Detectives!

While I still didn’t manage to keep up, it would have been so much worse without the breaks. Breaks are good!

1 Like

No problem! It might be useful to take a look at this comment (and the one it’s replying to):

For me they were torture LOL :grin: I really enjoyed the stories, so having to wait before starting a new one was killing me. I don’t want to be selfish though, if the breaks help people keep up and take part in discussions, I’m all for them :hugs:

1 Like

… I’m gonna take that as a good sign :grin:

@Abstormal - you’re joining us for this one? :star_struck:

2 Likes

I will!!! =D
I got the set, so want to read them all! =D
I am so glad we are doing it together, I struggle with them on my own. But with everyones help I manage to understand enough to really enjoy them =^_^=

I hope to re-read them again later when I’m better and hopefully be able to understand it and see how much I’ve grown!

2 Likes

I couldn’t really gauge the difficulty of this, but wanted to try out buying on Bookwalker, so bought it.

I guess I’ll be joining in!

2 Likes

Ahaha, well, glad to have you with us :grin: don’t forget to fill in the poll!

1 Like

Oh man, it’s starting to get fairly tricky to get hold of the sequels to this :pensive:

1 Like

Not if you buy the ebook :wink:

2 Likes

I have the opposite problem. I’m planning on buying the series as e-books, but when I was at Book-Off lookIng to see if they might have Aqua 1 and 2 (they didn’t), I instead found (and bought) this:

I didn’t check the page count vs the kitty books, which I have digital, but the thickness of this physical book makes it feel a lot longer than the two kitty ones I own/read digital.

3 Likes

The actual page count is pretty similar :wink: did you already have the digital copy?

Not yet for this book. I’ll try reading physical (with the club) before deciding if I want to switch over to digital.

1 Like

I had to buy 2 of the 3 わんわん books second-hand via CDJapan’s proxy shopping service - one of the books was ¥296 because it was ‘damaged’ (the slightest of dints along the top edge of the hard cover), the other was about full price, but pristine condition.

But yes, I would encourage anyone interested in reading the full series to purchase physical copies sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve only used the proxy service a couple of times but I’ve always had an excellent experience. If only we could get hundreds of people to buy #1, maybe they’d print more of the sequels :joy:

1 Like

I was thinking the same when I could only get the 2nd handers of the 2 books!

1 Like

One month till we start! :star_struck: :dog:

Excited Doggo

5 Likes

This is more of a “how to use the forum” question … I’ve bought the book, I want to do the read-along, but I’m afraid I’ll lose sight of this particular thread. I clicked a “bookmark” button near the bottom of the page, but I can’t find any menu item or button that would be marked “read bookmarked threads” or some such thing … how does one earmark one’s favourite threads for easy access during our group read?

2 Likes

One option is to mark the thread as “Watching” - that way you’ll get a notification every time someone posts in it.

2 Likes

Awesome, how does one do that?

Click on the bell image to the right or below and mark it as tracking or watching.

Edit: I’ve been trying to get my tablet to do a screenshot for the last 2 minutes…

1 Like