🐢 γ‚γ‚“γ‚γ‚“ζŽ’ε΅ε›£ πŸ•΅ Home Thread - Doggy Detectives!

I can’t compare it to にゃんにゃん just yet but I definitely really enjoyed this book and after reading through just the first case I’d already noticed an increase in my reading speed and being able to parse sentences much better than I was before.

I love the art in the book as well, especially the full colour pages. It was hard picking a favourite case as I enjoyed the complexity of the first one but I loved Alps from the second and the part in the third case where the dogs all come charging in was cute and funny.

Thanks everyone who answered my questions and made reading the book much easier than it would have been by myself. Massive thanks to @Radish8 for organising everything.

10 Likes

I joined after finishing γͺγœοΌŸγ©γ†γ—γ¦οΌŸ which actually helped. Felt like a new reading experience as I was pushing myself to read through a thread’s worth of content every few days. This required using the threads but also being more independent with making sure I understood what I was reading. Since I was moving faster, I didn’t translate every sentence which was the standard for γͺγœοΌŸγ©γ†γ—γ¦οΌŸ I think going forward it makes more sense to read like this, understanding as best you can and only going back to really translate in depth if you realize after a couple sentences that you don’t understand what’s happening.

I wish the cases themselves had been a bit harder. The first one was probably the best mystery but I still enjoyed the last one the most. And thinking about it, the 2nd might have had the best artwork so there were things to enjoy throughout the whole book.

I feel like I sometimes am nostalgic for these types of books from my own childhood, so it’s a cool experience to kind of get a faux nostalgia reading these. I wouldn’t feel compelled to read something targeted to such a young reader in my native language, but since it’s combined with learning the language, it just works.

Thanks for everyone who posted, read/liked/responded to my posts, and generally just kept the threads alive. It’s great getting to read along with everyone! Thanks @Radish8 for making it all happen!

8 Likes

You know I never quite got the title of that book as there was never a detective club and not much involvement of cats! It makes a lot more sense now as a spin off from this book.

5 Likes

It only looks like that until you realize…

…Hanae-san was a copycat all along!

5 Likes

Just finished! Enjoyed it overall, and the reading definitely got easier. This was only my second Japanese book, but I’d be interested in reading more from the series.

7 Likes