よつばと! Reading club

Unless…

1 Like

Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if I came back to haunt the POLL thread =P

2 Likes

A person’s spirit is just a mass of electrical energy, computers are electronic, therefore spirits can infect computers.
…Wasn’t there some movie about this?

Finally my Yotsuba got shipped!

“We are writing to inform you that your request for a refund…”
I did NOT request the refund!! XD
They need to at least own up to it being THEIR bad business!

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 15.41.40 Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 15.41.46

Still, better than last time:
Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 15.43.35

Note. I canceled NOTHING! They did! Couldn’t get it after all, doesn’t give you a chance to then cancel whole order… That one single manga from middle of series cost me 3 times it’s value due to shipping and import!
Divided on 5 it would be fair enough, and at least have whole series XD

Note: Do NOT use YesJapan, they are horrible!
You don’t know if you get your order, so if you don’t reach free shipping you migh end up paying high price for few items -_-

3 Likes

I just placed an order for a whole lot of furniture with Ikea, except it turns out if they’re out of stock on something, you simply… can’t place the order. You have to remove what they don’t have before you can order. So, they at least tell you up-front rather than just cancelling things themselves, but… I kinda still want the things, even if they don’t have one in the warehouse. I mean, I get that furniture is just a tad bigger than manga, but are you seriously telling me that an established, multi-national furniture company has no ability to gather items from different stores to meet an order?

1 Like

But what YesYapan do is basically tell you they have stock, take the order and then send you the sofa without the pillows for it, cause they didn’t have them on stock and don’t care that they are hard to find, so now you are stuck with a hard sofa sitting on the “floor of it” XD

1 Like

Oh, hey! I hadn’t thought about it. So you’re still studying? :eyes:

2 Likes

Change of plans.

I am getting Volume 15 any time soon.

5 Likes

Half-heartedly. As you know I have zero need for the language (despite living here for over ten years now), don’t enjoy it, and am no good at it. Not exactly a recipe for success. But sometimes, when I can drag my unwilling carcass over to it, I do a few reviews, and sometimes, against the desire of every cell of my being, open up a manga and study a page or two. I bought volume 15 when it came out, but haven’t looked at it yet!

Please, no one take any study tips from me!

1 Like

While everyone’s getting their copies of volume 15, here’s some reading in the meantime:

『よつばと!』15巻は本当はもっと長かった!? あずまきよひこさんに聞いた制作秘話 | ダ・ヴィンチニュース

It’s a new interview with Azuma.

2 Likes

I’ve got my volume 15. Still plenty of copies available at Kinokuniya. :grin:

Sadly, the other book I was hoping to get still hasn’t shown up.

3 Likes

Honestly, there’s not much “new” information.

I think you get most of what he said and thinks if you just read Yotsuba. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Abstormal @bw8n has it arrived yet? :eyes:

1 Like

It has been shipped (which took a while) but not arrived yet

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I really wish it was on kindle so I could just purchase the ebook version :confused:

1 Like

I check about once a month just in case the series finally goes digital. (English version should be available digital on September 21.) Seeing Aria the Masterpiece finally get a digital release gives me false hope for an eventual Yotsuba e-manga release!

In the meantime, we continue to rely on tried and true international shipping methods:

Edit: What’s strange is that the English Yotsuba manga is available in the Japanese Kobo store, but only volumes 13 and up. I wonder what’s with that. (Nothing to read into.)

7 Likes

It arrived this morning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Volume 15 also arrived here, but I got all the other volumes to read through first.

4 Likes

You’ve got two days. Will you make it in time?

(Just kidding. Be sure to take your time and enjoy!)

4 Likes

When things arrive faster from Japan than from your neighbour

3 Likes

From Japan it is usually about 3 working days or so (from Amazon at least, YesJapan WAS slower)
But I am surprised how long that is taking! Still no updates since “left the country” O_o (and the instant it “left” in entered the recipient country, unless taking some weird detour :rofl:

I did once receive a package from UK, sent first to Canada then sent back to Norway with some “accidentally sent with the wrong container” type stamp on it (this was 20 years ago, but, something to that effect! All I know for sure is that is went to Canada, and from somewhere closer to here than there, and some kind of “woupsie” note stamped on it =P )

I wasn’t surprised when it didn’t move in the holidays, even though some of those days were normal enough. But this week, no excuses! XD
Well, probably Corona… it is probably stuck in Oslo, waiting for scan. They are partly on Corona lockdown, so bet all post is delayed or something… =P

1 Like