よつばと! Reading club

I’m neither recommending nor not recommending, but I used YesAsia.com.

• Yotsubato! 15: US$11.49
  • Shipping & Handling: US$13.99
  • Sales Tax: US$0.89
  • Total: US$26.37

(Free shipping on orders US$89+, but I don’t have US$89 worth of physical products that I’ve been planning on buying. I want e-manga!)

My order shipped from Hong Kong on the 4th, is currently in Alaska, en route to California, US.

1 Like

Eh, I made it and then some XD

I have these 1-5 in English, 1-2 in Japanese
Why no 3?! :cry: (not that I ever seem to get around to reading them XD But still! Hole in the middle of the series! XD )

Yotsuba ordered, as well as Boruto, Attack on Titan and Nekogahara <3

4 Likes

That is amazing! Thank you! I’ve just added it, and will do it alongside the 10K! Nice one! Thank you!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Hope you enjoy it and feel free to send me feedback! :smile:

3 Likes

Ak yes, now I remember why I never returned to YesAsia…

They cancel part of your order on you and then just ship it -_-
Two of the Attack on Titan books “asn’t in stock after all” (even though the site said so)
And they were special and limited editions. Why can’t they give a chance to change?! I would have just swaped with regular version :expressionless:

But OK; I’ll buy it elsewhere. Still get the free shipping.

Last time though, THIS happened:

I only got one, from middle of series, and this was ONLY place I found it so no chance getting elsewhere either. I wanted to just cancel the last one too, but NO already sent, with SHIPPING THE FREAKING PRICE OF THE BOOK making it my most expensive (normal sized) manga, most hated and almost burned the thing in rage when it arrived :triumph:
I will never read it, since I lack the rest.

And i’ll try remember to stay away, cause this seems to happen every time. I need a better place to shop.

8 Likes

Wow, that’s just plain rude. Thanks for the warning.

4 Likes

Anyone know why chapters 41 and 42 in the vocab sheet is empty? O:

Ah, YesAsia. I will never buy from them again. I only buy from places that ship directly from Japan now.

Mission accomplished! (if I can get the stupid image to upload correctly).

11 Likes

Kinokuniya Sydney are giving away a bonus book covering. To save you all from my incredible paper folding skills, here’s one I found on the interwebs…

7 Likes

Did you buy it in person at Kinokuniya? Did it look like there were many of them left?

Yes, I bought in person. I asked at the Japanese counter and they said they were being kept behind the main counter and to ask there. He said there were about 40 left (as of around 5-ish last night).

1 Like

Just ordered vol 15 from amazon! Back in stock March 29 and should arrive here in US April 6.

But PS, no need to wait for me if Apr 6 is too late!

3 Likes

Here’s a poll to help us figure on a start date. Please vote, and update if your book status changes!

• I have the book in hand.
  • I’ll buy in store later.
  • I’ll buy online later.
  • I bought online, but it hasn’t shipped.
  • My order shipped, hasn’t arrived.
  • I’m not planning to read with the book club.

0 voters

That last option seems a bit biased. :eyes:

I wanted to have an option for anyone who might have trouble looking at the manga on their shelf and waiting to start reading it.

(But it also provides cover for anyone who plans to buy at a much later date, and for anyone who’s unable to read because they passed away in the last few months.)

5 Likes

Look what came in the mail today!! yotsuba

I found the set on ebay in new condition for ~28€, and the seller was from my country (rare to find!), which means lower shipping costs - so of course I couldn’t resist :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
The first Japanese manga (set) I bought in physical form :pleading_face:
I hope I’ll like it (it looks adorable!). It’ll be nice to have the old RC threads to read through as well.

16 Likes

Oh my God! So cheap and so new and so convenient!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it; Yotsuba is love, Yotsuba is life.

5 Likes

Right?? I got pretty lucky with this one.
I’m excited to start reading!

yotsubaII

3 Likes

Sure they can’t read with us… but they can’t vote either O_o

1 Like