ゆるキャン△ Vol. 14 🏕

*Groan* it’s like time just disappears.

1 Like

At least, I am up to date with the reading
Well, if I’m being completely honest, I finished the current book a few weeks ago already… I wonder when is the next one coming out, especially since this is the last story part. Are they going to get a proper room?

81 - 野クルのサイクリング✖︎キャンプ計画

Start date: January 14th :joy:

• I’m reading along :books:
  • I’m taking my time :camping:
  • I’m dropping out :no_good_man: :no_good_woman:

0 voters

3 Likes

For the most part, they don’t go anywhere, though they do talk about where they’re going. Are we going to see them actually visit those places? Only time will tell! In the meantime, I might as well link them here.

The route that Aoi describes on page 137 looks something like this - Google’s saying that’s 64.5km long, so Aoi might be rounding up a fair bit. I don’t know if this サイクリングロード being mentioned is an officially designated path, though, so the actual route they intend to follow might be a bit different. (Google does give me a few results for サイクリングロード in the area, but nothing that’s particularly definitive.)

The Karisaka Road is something like this, Hirose Dam is here. There’s no campground located quite where the 空 marker is on the map on page 138, and there’s also no campground (that I can find) named 雁坂キャンプ場, but Fuefukigoya Camping Ground is a pretty good contender for their final destination - guess we’ll know if I’ve guessed right when we see it.

Page 141, Googling ハマイチ gives me this page, which (as far as I’m concerned) is exactly what Aki’s looking at on her phone. If you scroll down a bit and hit the picture under where it says サイクリングコース (the picture is the link, for some reason, not the text), it gives a bunch of possible different circumnavigation routes around Lake Hamana. The route shown in the first panel of 142 is titled “浜名湖一周ライドハマイチコース”, and is listed as being 65km long. Not completely sure what route Nadeshiko is suggesting that she took when she says こっちの方まで回らなかった - Does she cut the corner or go around? Possibly she crossed the bridge that’s at the lake inlet? - but there’s a 50km route on the website that goes in a straight line across the top corners of the lake rather than stick to the lakeshore along the bit in between.

Page 152, they all meet up at this Lawson. Fairly sure we’ve seen it before, and it’s been established pretty definitively that Aoi and Aki live nearby. Still not enough information to pinpoint their houses exactly, though.

Page 154, Calorie Bomb is, of course, Calorie Mate.

Page 155, not completely sure where Aki is suggesting they meet up. Google Maps is coughing up a few results when I search for スーパー in the area, but none of them particularly look like something I’d really call a スーパー. There’s a Daily Yamazaki (is a コンビニ a スーパー, though?)

I kinda thought we’d be getting two new club members this volume, but it just ocurred to me that despite being the one to get a job at Caribou, Ema is primarily becoming friends with Rin and Ena, who aren’t in the club. I suppose she’ll be joining the Auxiliaries. I guess it just wouldn’t do to have the 野クル become an official club.

Page 133, has something changed about Nadeshiko’s design? I mean, aside from the expression she’s making on this page. I just feel like there’s something missing about her, something that made her distinctive, but I can’t quite put my finger on it, and she’s looked largely the same throughout the volume. Maybe it’s just that the series started in winter, so she typically wore a scarf. But heh, なでしこ先輩 indeed…

Proper nouns
Page 137:
雁坂=かりさか
広瀬=ひろせ

Page 142:
猪鼻湖=いのはなこ

Don’t blame you too much for dragging it out. Gonna be a while until the next.

Last I heard, new chapters are on hiatus until February. As per this. Currently there’s only one more chapter after this one available on Comic Fuz, and it was released last September. Soooo… could be a while until volume 15.

4 Likes

Even though I was late most of the time, it still felt like this volume went by quickly. Not that much happening… but I guess we just need time for the new characters.

番外編 - へやキャン△

Start date: January 21st :thinking:

• I’m reading along :books:
  • I’m taking my time :camping:
  • I’m dropping out :no_good_man: :no_good_woman:

0 voters

2 Likes

Oof, somehow completely failed to notice this post. (Also, I though it was next week, for some reason.)

Gotta say, I fully expected the food crumbs in the artificial grass to attract bears…

2 Likes