Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

Actually, come to think of it, I think I’ve seen that in English back home, and decided to pass on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can not relate. The hours I spent in book off… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Some of us are here to sightsee. If I want to stand in a bookshop, we have those back home. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Tell me, will you see more of Japan walking and driving around, or will you see more of Japan browsing slice-of-life manga and appreciating the background art for several hours?

10 Likes

I’ll see more of Japan sitting in my hotel room using Google Maps on the computer, but that’s hardly the point, is it? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: ふらいんぐうぃっち | Week 2 Discussion

Second half of chapter one is here!

12 Likes

They’ve been moved, but let me know if I missed something!

8 Likes

It looks good to me!
Thank you :green_heart:

4 Likes

@JenK Thank you so much!

@seanblue Now that they are moved does that mean I can post more here :rofl:

5 Likes

Now we look crazy. Why am I teasing you for posting in the home thread when you clearly posted in the week 2 thread all along? :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Perfect! Thanks!

2 Likes

Aaaaand week 3 is here:

We’re reading the entirety of chapter 2 this week, so it’s a reasonable step up in page count, but it’s not at all double the pace we’ve been going up till now. You can do it! :triumph:

I am just waiting for the week when I accidentally post the new Kitty Detectives thread on the Friday…

14 Likes

Just want to encourage people to post their questions, however ‘basic’ they feel, now that we’re a couple of weeks in :slightly_smiling_face:

Everybody has to read their first book / manga at some point, and the more questions and answers there are, the more we all learn. The benefit of community learning is that it’s much more efficient than fifteen people separately all trying to work something out on their own.

Be lazy! Post away! you’re doing others a service :wink:

15 Likes

The manga is free again according to this post.

7 Likes

Just saw that this is free and I really need to read something Japanese. Kinda hectic atm but this looks like a nice read… I hope I can catch up to you guys :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Since I apparently blacked out when this thread was first created, I’m just gonna leave it here in case people find it helpful:

(not really for reading through, unless you’re the kind of person who reads dictionaries, but might be helpful as a reference)

6 Likes

This was incredibly helpful for me… I was always wondering where my grammar was lacking so much and I guess it was in these casual ways of speaking. Thanks!

1 Like

Chapter 3 is here :slightly_smiling_face:

This has some strong dialect from the cousins’ father, but half the point is that Makoto has no clue what he’s saying either, so I wouldn’t stress over trying to decipher it.

5 Likes

I’m gonna do it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes