にゃんにゃん - Kitty Detectives - Vol. 1

I don’t know what happened because permission wasn’t needed before, but maybe getting @guillepolito (who created the sheet) to change the setting might help.

2 Likes

I still can’t access it. Any possibility someone who has access can copy it (maybe another google spreadsheet?) and send me a link (with correct permissions)?

1 Like

I can’t access it now either but sent a request for permission which I assume will go to @guillepolito who can give it to us but I feel doubtful we’ll ever get to see the sheet again. I haven’t seen @guillepolito active anywhere on the Forums since this book finished. :persevere:

Edit: Update 5/9, vocab list is now open again.

Oh, I didn’t realize everyone had lost access. :frowning:

Hello, I would love to have access to vocab list as well. It seems @guillepolito is not an active user anymore. It makes me wonder anybody has a copy of the list in any form. Would you please share?

Hi all,

sorry for the late response, too busy with my job :).
I was really surprised because when I generated the spreadsheet the first time I made it open. I’ve regenerated an invitation link that I hope will be open. Can you test it?

8 Likes

It works again, thank you!

I think Google did a thing. I seem to recall several other vocab sheets became unavailable all at once, a numble of months back…

Good to hear from you!

Edit: @MissDagger @tomaoled vocab list is open again

1 Like

Thank you. And @trout thanks for the notification!

So been looking forward to reading this book, and now I can have all the help of the previous WK readers. <3

2 Likes

There are 3 stories in the book so just click on tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for the vocab contained in each story. Happy reading!

2 Likes

Oooooh, I always thought this was a manga :woman_facepalming:t3: but it’s more like short stories with illustrations! I love that! I think I’ll start this after I’m done with なぜ?どうして? (so…in like 5 years lol)

2 Likes

Indeed! Three stories if I remember rightly! If you have any questions, please post them as I’m sure people would still be very happy to help. And the second volume has been put forward as a nomination for the next Absolute Beginners Bookclub book. So fingers crossed! Thank you @frayderike!

Yeah, I went through all the nominations to figure out what I might want to vote for and that’s how I figured out that it is not a manga :smiley: So one of my votes will go to the second volume for sure!

1 Like

Just bought both にゃんにゃん books! But before I start reading the first book, I will try to go and read the last chapters of 銭天堂 together with the Beginner Club. Maybe I can finish なぜ?どうして?, too, before starting にゃんにゃん. I’m really looking forward to this one!

7 Likes

I’ve just started reading the book a few days ago an finished pages 14&15 today. I’m really struggeling with figuring out who is talking when direct speech is used. :sweat_smile: Did any of you face the same problem? Did you get used to the writing style and it got better over time?

1 Like

Yea, it is confusing and I don’t know of any quick solutions other than to say it will get easier with time figuring out who is saying what and also with the style of writing as you continue reading book after book. It sometimes drives me crazy too but to a much lesser degree now than before.
I think reading speed might have something to do with making it easier to figure out who’s saying what.

Anyways, you’ll enjoy reading the stories in this wonderful book. Keep at it, it’ll get easier.

2 Likes

Yes, but I got used to it.
The gender clues are very useful: あたし and ending sentences in わ indicate a female speaker, ぼく indicates a male speaker.

4 Likes

Wow, it’s @aiju ! Good to hear from you!

2 Likes

Sadly, it’s something you do need to get the hang of, because it’s the standard style for Japanese writing.

2 Likes