🐱 にゃんにゃん探偵団 🕵️‍♀ Kitty Detectives 2 Home Thread!

Hi everyone! I’ve put together a thread to organise doing the doggy detective books (and bring together all the links to these books).

If you’re interested in taking part in a future doggy detectives club, please check it out to vote on the start date :blush:

7 Likes

Can anyone help with this sentence on page 68 (Capone’s first book recommendations)? For context the previous sentence he’d talked about whether it might be nice if he had a zipper on his belly and could take his fur off in the summer.

どこからぬいだらいいかわからないんだよ。

I think there’s an embedded question, and the いい か わからない んだよ means “I don’t know if it’s good…”

The first half reads something like “from somewhere that undressed…”

Thanks!

I’m not very confident, but my interpretation is:

どこからぬいだらいいか => This certainly feels like a embedded question. However, since this is a question, I feel どこから translates better to “from where” and not “from somewhere”.

So, I believe that Capone here is wondering where (as in, what part of his body) would be good to start undressing himself if he had a zipper in his belly.

“I don’t know from where it’d be good to undress (myself)”

I must add that the next recommendation of the three pigs is particularly hilarious and my favorite of all his recommendations.

3 Likes

Wow, the Capone book guide sections are difficult! They are very funny though so it’s been worth persevering.

On page 90 - book guide 2 - there is this sentence:

おれんとこはときどき、はなえさんがブラシで、なでてくれるだけだ。

I get the second half about sometimes having his hair brushed by Hanae, but how do you break down おれんとこは? I wondered if the ん could be like の indicating possession, maybe “my bed” but it feels like that would need a に after it?

Also on this page I enjoyed learning about this guy’s hairstyle!

金太郎