それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 8 Thread

Offshoot Home Thread

If you need any general info about the book, please check the Nomination post for more details (´。• ᵕ •。`) Also, note that this is an offshoot club’s thread, meaning that we have already finished reading the first volume, that you can find at それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 1 thread (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 August 13th 第95-96局
Week 2 August 20th 第97-98局
Week 3 August 27th 第99-100局
Week 4 September 3rd 第101-102局
Week 5 September 10th 第103-104局
Week 6 September 17th 第105-106局
Week 7 September 24th 第107-108局+おまけ

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page of the sheet before adding any words.

Members

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m posting this thread a couple of days early but will post a “start reading the first chapters” reply at the usual time (Friday evening pacific time).

As a first for this series, we have a content warning.

Chapter 98 is one long girls’ bath scene. This is not the chapter to be reading out in public or at work.

5 Likes

7 Likes

This probably isn’t the right time to be introducing your co-workers to Japanese culture.

5 Likes

This being my first book club, where I read the whole book, + offshot bookclub I participated:
It feels kind of amazing we are already at book 8! :grin: (And I’m actually still reading along)

7 Likes

It’s time for chapters 95 and 96.

By the way, you can find some of the places in this part of the school trip photographed here:

More here:

https://makoto-jin-rei.hatenablog.jp/entry/20160709/p3

5 Likes

Just wanna say we finally passed the Takagi-san bookclub! About time, it’s full of bullies I’ve been told

4 Likes

Yeah, the guy who runs the Takagi-san threads is a real jerk… :wink:

4 Likes
Actual event.

5 Likes
Story comments

I wonder how often people get stuck trying to crawl through that hole. Doing some quick Googling, it seems like it’s mostly kids that try it, so maybe it doesn’t happen that often.

4 Likes
Story Comments

If it were anywhere besides in Japan… I imagine it would happen constantly. :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s time for chapters 97 and 98.

Remember, this week’s material is not for reading in the office (unless you want a concerned co-worker looking over your shoulder to say, “Oh deer!”)

5 Likes

I went in and added vocabulary for this week’s reading and noticed that the previous weeks had not been filled out, so decided to go back through and add some there as well since I have the time today. It was for the best because I noticed that I had missed a footnote on Pg. 13. Ultimately, it was just the title of a reference book that Yamamoto-sensei used to get some terminology, or at least that was the impression I got, but I did link to that book in the vocab notes in case anybody was curious about learning more about Shogi. :stuck_out_tongue: (Though, I didn’t translate out the title. :laughing:)

6 Likes

With chapters 99 and the following, we’re up to 100 chapters in!

Who’s still reading along?

• I’m still reading!
  • I was reading on my lunch breaks at work until last week when a co-worker passing by contacted HR, I was fired, the bank took my house, and now I live on the streets.
  • I was reading on public transportation until last week when a busybody sitting next to me contacted local authorities. I should be out of jail in time for volume 9.

0 voters

5 Likes

I’m currently trying to catch up, but I’m only at chapter 97 :sweat_smile:

Chapter 97

5 Likes

Ch. 99 was very fun

まさか…

Also, for someone only interested in talking about temples, she seems more disappointed than the other two :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes
Ch. 100

The face she makes:

What she would like to do (again):

5 Likes
Never go too deep in the dictionary vocab meanings

It gives a whole different meaning to Makis exclamation

Oh god

3 Likes

Yeah… Side-effect of Japanese not really having very many dedicated dirty words seems to be that even relatively innocent words get sullied. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

And it’s also such a specific thing, it’s amazing

3 Likes