それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 7 Thread

Ahh it’s more readable there at least, I hadn’t seen it yet and thank only my japanese culture knowledge for leading me down the right path also, it is global warming soon Urushi, totally correct

5 Likes

:rofl: You all crack me up. It’s even more unreadable than when there’s kanji in the furigana. I wonder if it’s better in the physical edition.

Also… Global warming? :laughing: Please tell me that’s not an actual fan translation. I know they have a reputation for being bad, but they can’t be that bad.

I might be secretly reading Flying Witch and just came across「GW」a few days before reading it in Ayumu. It’s funny how often that happens.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s not =)

4 Likes

Other than having to reposition the book to view under maximum sunlight it was fine by me.

Took Ayumu with me to the laundromat today. Finished this weeks chapters before the wash cycle was done. Makes me happy to think, I just sat down and consumed native Japanese reading material without any assistance. A long ways away from when we started with this series.

Nearly read ahead. Luckily I also brought 極主婦道 vol. 6 :wink:

6 Likes

Calendars in Japan say it’s 7月23日, which means it’s time for chapters 89 and 90.

Keep an eye on the chapter numbers as you go, as this week’s reading may feel like a single chapter.

7 Likes

The chapters really felt like one big one time time around.

Chapter 90 story comment

I feel like I’m dying from the cuteness overdose! :laughing:
I don’t think we did see Ayumu make such a happy face before (?). So I’m happy to see that they are having fun together, it feels like a small progress. :sparkles:

6 Likes

Especially considering page 92’s top-right corner shows some things haven’t changed one bit since the first chapter.

4 Likes

After waiting the whole volume for us to reach chapter 89, how could I then forget to post this?

Color version of the first page of the volume:

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone could have predicted the content of this week’s chapters.

6 Likes
Story Comments, spoilers for both chapters

For Chapter 91, it was adorable, but there is a standout panel for me:

UrushiPanik

PANIK™

Chapter 92:

This exchange almost felt like the author was trying to make sure we didn’t miss his comedic genius. :rofl:

But in general, this has to be my favorite chapter of the entire series so far. I was absolutely losing it throughout. :joy:

7 Likes

Hahaha yeah, that exchange had a meta feeling to it. The fanfiction of the girls inside their own manga was the cherry on top for the chapter, it was pretty funny

5 Likes
Although, it may be more common than one might think ;)

And for those who don't mind a spoiler for who committed a murder...

5 Likes

And even on a non shougi manga, though I guess the same happens with chess, it gets linked to mystery stories due to it’s “high class game” status. Also, I see your asset reuse Aoyama, you won’t trick me

And I always knew Rin would eventually end up killing someone for an okonomiyaki. That is quite the edit you whipped up haha, if I didn’t know better I wouldn’t even notice honestly, nice

5 Likes

Totally agree with the comments on chapter 92. Still interesting for people like me who might not be familiar with shougi pieces! :laughing: But for japanese people I might expect them to recognize the characters by themselves, right …?
The game that followed was pretty hilarious too I guess.

Also my fav panel:

Chapter 91 fav

seriously soooo cute!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

It’s time for chapters 93 and 94, wherein we embark on a multi-part storyline!

Remember, not every しおり is a bookmark.

Also, don’t forget the omake. (Who needs furigana, anyway?)

5 Likes
おまけ

Me. I need furigana. :sob: (Not really, but that is one of those kanji strings that almost makes my eyes glaze over. :laughing:)

4 Likes

For the curious regarding that bit from the omake, it is the name of this temple.

4 Likes

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to add that to the vocab sheet, eh? The reading is a touch longer than usual for that section, though… :laughing: こんこうみょうしてんのうごこくのてら

3 Likes

Not just the reading!

(For anyone wondering why I have word wrap enabled on columns for the vocabulary sheets that I start book clubs with…)

3 Likes

Our story continues this week in volume 8!

2 Likes