すべてがFになる - The Perfect Insider (S&M Vol. 1) (Advanced Book Club)

If you check the OP, there is a separate thread for each week’s reading. Week 1 for example can be found here: Week 1: すべてがFになる - The Perfect Insider

There you can see who is reading this, and also their thoughts and discussions.

(Also, if you could maybe use some spoilers for parts that get revealed in that chapter… :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Okay, mystery solved! I was wondering where everyone was. Thank you!

Week 2 is here:

3 Likes

I just hope it’s not a replacement for actual character introduction, like it sometimes is. Sure hope I’m not expected to remember all the names and occupations (and relations) right off the bat :sweat_smile:.

Oh, I still fondly remember this drama! Actually thought about a scene from it just an hour ago for unrelated reasons! (even though it was probably more than a year ago since I saw it!)

I do want to try read this book, but at a later time. I already have too many book clubs!
But I’ll come back and look at the forum posts and such when I do!

I’ll definitely put this book on my “to buy” list! =D

3 Likes

And we’re on to week 3!

5 Likes

Oh, thanks for posting the link! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

On to week 4!

5 Likes

Just made a reservation for the book at my local library, and, yikes, I misjudged how popular it was. I hope I’ll get it before the end of the schedule :frowning:

5 Likes

Here is week 5:

4 Likes

This week, we are crossing the chasm 50% mark! Props to everybody who managed to stay on top of the reading assignment and the events in the story :wink:

4 Likes

The estimated wait time is 8 weeks at this point, and it seems accurate so far, so that’s looking less and less likely :sob: Epic failure.

2 Likes

It’s 200 Yen at Bookoff, though (if I did not miss out on some information), and you can probably sell it back for 200 again, so that’s as good as a library then :rofl:

2 Likes

Nah, at that price I would only get back like 10-50 yens or so, from experience.
But, yes, that’s probably better than the wait.

1 Like

Curious to learn how many cigarettes will get smoked this week? Here you can find out all about it!

6 Likes

As our time reading this book is almost drawing to a close already, I was wondering whether some of you might be interested in joining a spin-off club for this series? (In case you didn’t know, this is the first in a series of 10 books who feature our two detective protagonists Saikawa and Moe.)

The second book is called 冷たい密室と博士たち - Doctors in Isolated Room, and it is (at 422 pages) not quite as thick as our current one.

Are you interested in continuing this series with the group as a spin-off?

• Absolutely! Let’s start immediately after the first book is finished!
  • Absolutely! But I think I need a break to detox my lungs… (please specify)
  • Maybe at some point in time (please specify if you like)
  • I’m good, thank you
  • I have no idea what you’re talking about, but clicking is nice

0 voters

6 Likes

ohh :eyes: !
I’m going to be a bit busy with other books (like the remaining SAO books on my shelf, Honzuki and Rezero) so I don’t think I’ll have time this summer, unfortunately, but more of this series sounds fun :grin: I’d be happy to continue later at some point, even if not live with the book club :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Considering we’re only ~7 people in the normal weekly threads by now, I guess 4 participants for the second book in the series is already the majority :joy_cat:

@Belerith @valkow Do you have any idea of when you’d like to continue reading? Or is this more a vague thought of “some day”? :wink:

2 Likes

This is me thinking about how I probably should read some of these other books I have lying around instead of joining all the spin off book clubs. :crazy_face:

So while I’m interested in continuing the series, I’m going to take some time to make a priority list before I make any decisions.

2 Likes

I’m happy to continue reading right away in terms of desire to do it, but I’m a couple weeks behind now and I don’t know when I’ll catch up. So I didn’t want to vote for right away but also don’t know how long of a break I would want. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes