すべてがFになる - The Perfect Insider (S&M Vol. 1) (Advanced Book Club)

Week 2 is here:

3 Likes

I just hope it’s not a replacement for actual character introduction, like it sometimes is. Sure hope I’m not expected to remember all the names and occupations (and relations) right off the bat :sweat_smile:.

Oh, I still fondly remember this drama! Actually thought about a scene from it just an hour ago for unrelated reasons! (even though it was probably more than a year ago since I saw it!)

I do want to try read this book, but at a later time. I already have too many book clubs!
But I’ll come back and look at the forum posts and such when I do!

I’ll definitely put this book on my “to buy” list! =D

3 Likes

And we’re on to week 3!

5 Likes

Oh, thanks for posting the link! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

On to week 4!

5 Likes

Just made a reservation for the book at my local library, and, yikes, I misjudged how popular it was. I hope I’ll get it before the end of the schedule :frowning:

5 Likes

Here is week 5:

4 Likes

This week, we are crossing the chasm 50% mark! Props to everybody who managed to stay on top of the reading assignment and the events in the story :wink:

4 Likes

The estimated wait time is 8 weeks at this point, and it seems accurate so far, so that’s looking less and less likely :sob: Epic failure.

2 Likes

It’s 200 Yen at Bookoff, though (if I did not miss out on some information), and you can probably sell it back for 200 again, so that’s as good as a library then :rofl:

2 Likes

Nah, at that price I would only get back like 10-50 yens or so, from experience.
But, yes, that’s probably better than the wait.

1 Like

Curious to learn how many cigarettes will get smoked this week? Here you can find out all about it!

6 Likes

As our time reading this book is almost drawing to a close already, I was wondering whether some of you might be interested in joining a spin-off club for this series? (In case you didn’t know, this is the first in a series of 10 books who feature our two detective protagonists Saikawa and Moe.)

The second book is called 冷たい密室と博士たち - Doctors in Isolated Room, and it is (at 422 pages) not quite as thick as our current one.

Are you interested in continuing this series with the group as a spin-off?

• Absolutely! Let’s start immediately after the first book is finished!
  • Absolutely! But I think I need a break to detox my lungs… (please specify)
  • Maybe at some point in time (please specify if you like)
  • I’m good, thank you
  • I have no idea what you’re talking about, but clicking is nice

0 voters

6 Likes

ohh :eyes: !
I’m going to be a bit busy with other books (like the remaining SAO books on my shelf, Honzuki and Rezero) so I don’t think I’ll have time this summer, unfortunately, but more of this series sounds fun :grin: I’d be happy to continue later at some point, even if not live with the book club :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Considering we’re only ~7 people in the normal weekly threads by now, I guess 4 participants for the second book in the series is already the majority :joy_cat:

@Belerith @valkow Do you have any idea of when you’d like to continue reading? Or is this more a vague thought of “some day”? :wink:

2 Likes

This is me thinking about how I probably should read some of these other books I have lying around instead of joining all the spin off book clubs. :crazy_face:

So while I’m interested in continuing the series, I’m going to take some time to make a priority list before I make any decisions.

2 Likes

I’m happy to continue reading right away in terms of desire to do it, but I’m a couple weeks behind now and I don’t know when I’ll catch up. So I didn’t want to vote for right away but also don’t know how long of a break I would want. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Luckily it’s still Saturday in most places of the world right now :sunglasses:

So here’s week 8!

3 Likes

I’ve set up a home thread for Volume 2:

4 Likes