しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

So I managed to go through the transfer process yesterday and while it wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever done it also wasn’t as horrible as i thought it would be

I’ll try to sum up how I did it but since I already made the transfer I can’t check if everything is correct nor take screenshots of most of the process

• Go here: 無料まんが・試し読みが豊富!電子書籍をお得に買うならebookjapan
  • Login using your existing ebookjapan account
  • You will land on a long page filled with lots of stuff I didn’t really understand but on the bottom you should find two buttons: one to create a new yahoo japan account and one to link an existing one (I couldn’t see the buttons using google chrome so I had to use edge but that might just be my problem)
  • Click the first, it will bring you to this page
  • Click the circled link and you will find yourself on the registration form
  • For the japanese postal code you can insert a random one (123-4567) or just google for a real one if you get an error
  • As you fill the form an hiragana chaptcha will appear, good luck with that
  • Submit the form and at this point you might end up in a page about the transfer of T-Points (something that you earned from previous purchases) where you might have to confirm some of the info you provided earlier
  • Confirm those info too and now you should get an email with a confirmation code to input in the next page.

And if I remember correctly this should be it. You successfully created an Yahoo Japan account.
At this point you should see a page telling you that you transferred everything correctly and a link to the new ebookjapan website. If this doesn’t happen, don’t worry. Just go back to the first page you visited and use the button for those who already have a Yahoo Japan account (you now have one), login with that and now your transfer should be complete.

As @NLeseul said it takes a few minutes for your ebooks to show up on the new site (took almost an hour for me, of course I wasn’t freaking out at all…)

As I said I can’t guarantee that this is the exact procedure but I think I did something along those lines and it worked so…

I hope this can help someone

9 Likes