"この前" accepts "obviously" as an answer

grafik

Not sure how that happened, it wasn’t in my custom synonyms and mistyping “recently” as “obviously” seems like a bit of a stretch.

1 Like

If you search for “previously” この前 comes up. So it’s got that as a possible answer in the whitelist. And it’s relatively close to “obviously” in spelling.

5 Likes

この当たり前でしょ?

11 Likes

But “previously” isn’t listed as a synonym. この前 got “the other day”, “recently” and “in front of this” listed. So you actually shouldn’t be able to find it under “previously” in the first place.

1 Like

And yet you can. So we know it’s an accepted answer. Not all possible answers are displayed.

4 Likes

There is a hidden blacklist (often words that are only one or two letters apart but have vastly different meanings) and a hidden white list with synonyms and other meanings of the word that WK don’t teach you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The allow list for この前 is Last Time, Lately and Previously. I checked it with Item Inspector.

Obviously isn’t in the list but typo tolerance might mistake it with Previously.

@Mods is this something you should address?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing it up. It could maybe get confused with 当たり前 , which has “obvious” as one of the meanings. I’ve now added “obviously” to the block list for この前.

10 Likes

I have now stored previously in my mind as an answer to this for that very reason.

I’m thinking “obviously” should be an acceptable answer for pretty much everything… as in “obviously” I know what this is. (I don’t know why you would think I didn’t know this…)

Worth a try, anyway.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.