おも白い? 文ぽう? Why do WK's example sentences seem to randomly replace kanji with hiragana?

If you read them out loud, it’s easier to grasp.

I first encountered this in a manga, and while it did take me a few minutes to figure out what was going on, I ended up loving it because it rewards my memory of the word, not just the kanji driving the word.

I agree with this 100%.

I think it’s a valid complaint to make on a site aimed at newer non-native learners, especially if it’s hampering your experience with learning. Some of the stuff I’ve seen people using on here, like the sentence parser you mentioned or using OCR to read unknown words (from another thread) are ten times more efficient than what I used to do.

My ramblings are from a person who would still manually calculate arithmetic when other people are using calculators, so to speak :sweat:

1 Like

And I do this manual process, too. But I do like to check my work and so when this style of writing breaks tools that help do that, it just is a pain. Having an automated tool to assist, even if imperfect, is easier than posting constantly asking to have every sentence checked for you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.