おばちゃんたちのいるところ 👻 (Intermediate Book Club) ・ Week 3

With every page, I hated Tsuyuko and Yoneko more and more. After looking at the original story, some of the choices in this one make more sense, but within the actual story, it’s still… well, Tsuyuko comes off as a right piece of work. I did not like this story at all, but at least I understood more of it than the first lol

I put my thoughts/reactions to the last 11 pages, which I read yesterday, in my Read Every Day Challenge update, which I’m putting below the cut. I don’t think I had much to say about the story before then.

Even though I’d predicted practically since meeting them that Tsuyuko and Yoneko were themselves the supernatural element of this story, rather than or in addition to the titular lantern, I was still somewhat surprised to find that the peony-patterned lantern really was just a regular ol’ lantern. Possibly mass-produced, if the two left him with four of them.

I’m really hoping that at least some of these stories have likable characters, because I haven’t liked a single one so far.

2 Likes