おばちゃんたちのいるところ 👻 (Intermediate Book Club) ・ In progress

Thanks for the correction!

I agree that it’d make sense to combine 12+13 and 14+15 as well, because it seems silly to go significantly slower than the IBC pace of 15 pages, especially when the alternative is to go only marginally faster. When it looked like the 22 page weeks were going to be ~50% faster than the ‘official’ pace I thought a vote was in order, but now that it turns out that they’re actually 15-16 pages (at most ~6% faster)…

4 Likes

Thought it might also be worth mentioning that a lot of chapters end with a line or two text on the last page, so I think it’s all the more reason to combine chapters.

3 Likes

And away we go! :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Time to finish story 1! No more chopped-up stories from now on :grin:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Last week was the longest week, so it’s all downhill from here :grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just bought the book got to catch up I have to read 107 pages in 5 days if I want to catch up :joy: im excited to read this though!

4 Likes

In a pinch I am sure you could join us for the next chapter while you catch up on the other ones :slight_smile: The stories seem to be mostly loosely related, not prerequisites for one another.

2 Likes

I’d suggest reading the first story first, though, as that does link up with another later.

1 Like

A pretty light week this time!

2 Likes

Last story before the holiday break!

2 Likes

Oh no, I was so busy yesterday I forgot to post the new thread! I hope everyone had a lovely New Year’s Eve (so they were too busy to notice the thread was missing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and here’s to 2023! :champagne:

It’s the first time we’re reading two stories in one week!

6 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m persistently slightly behind, but not very behind - I’m partway through last week’s second story. Maybe I’ll catch up before the club finishes?

5 Likes

Well done everyone! Last week, here we come :grin:

3 Likes