【Beginner】父の日、何する?🧔🏻🍀

父の日は何をしますか?:bearded_person:t2::four_leaf_clover:
What will you do for Father’s day?

:warning:Note1: If you have things you want to say but don’t know how to write it in Japanese, just try to write some parts (eve just some words) and ask me how to write the rest! I can teach you or provide some hints.

:warning:Note2: This thread is meant to be beginner-friendly. Staff will try to use easy kanji and expressions, but sometimes you may come across kanji you don’t know. To quickly look up the kanji reading and meaning, we recommend you to use a furigana extension such as Rikai-kun . The browser extension will let you hover over the words and teach you the reading and meaning.

父は遠くに住んでいますが、電話で「嬉しい父の日!」と言います。

because my father lives far away, i will say “happy fathers day!” On the phone

私の父は私に話しません。そして、私は私の母に愛をあげます。第二母の日でしょう。:sweat_smile:

I’m praying this doesn’t sound weird - I’m still not clear on whether or not it’s appropriate to say something like 愛をあげる to someone in your family, or to what degree an expression like that is even used in Japanese. Apologies if it sounds a bit odd!

私のお父さん電話おおします。
多分私もおじいちゃんたちと弟お電話話します。

I will call my dad.
I will probably call my little brother and grandpas as well.

日曜日は?僕は仕事に行きます。

Sunday? I’ll go to work.

父はミツバチが大好きですから、養蜂の本をあげます。ビデオチャットもするつもりです。

He really likes bees, so I’m giving him a beekeeping book. I also plan to video chat.
Did that work? Despite all my practice I’m still a bit iffy on あげる usage

何もしません。私の父は亡くなりました。

住んでいる国は 父の日は先週でした。忘れてしまって何もしませんでした。:sweat:
でも、母とFaceTimeをして 父に手を振りました。 :wave:

私は多分家族と従妹とステーキハウスに行きます。父は新しいデゥ―ㇺのテレビゲームがほしっているので、それあげるつもりです。

いいですね😊きっとお父さん、よろこびますよ!

第二母の日ですか😂お母さんはラッキーですね🥳

To answer your question, 愛をあげる is not common collocation in Japanese although you may jokingly say 私の愛をあげる to your family or friend. A good expression to say you are devoted to your parents is 親孝行(おやこうこう)する.

おじいちゃんと弟にも電話するんですか。やさしいですね😊
To say “I call someone📞”, you can use expressions such as 〜に電話(を)します and 〜に電話をかけます. To say “I talk with someone on the phone”, you can say 〜と電話ではなします or 〜と電話(を)します.

お仕事なんですね。Paptreekさんは、お父さんですか?がんばって〜:four_leaf_clover:

お父さんが好きなものをあげるのは、いいアイデアですね :honeybee::honey_pot: きっと、よろこびますよ :blush:

You are using あげる correctly. やったー :partying_face: Let me note that it’s not common to use ですから in the form of A ですから B. It’s much more common to use なので instead as in 父はミツバチが大好きなので. In casual talk, you can say 父はミツバチが大好きだから.

そうですか。お悔やみをもうしあげます。私のおじいさんも今年なくなったので、父の日はおじいさんの好きな食べものをおそなえします🍡

忘れてしまうことも、ありますよね😅でも、Facetimeではなせて、よかったですね🥰

ほしいものをもらえると、やっぱりうれしいですよね🥰

I inserted を in the last sentence, but you can omit it in a casual conversation :laughing: Another thing to note is that you usually put が in front of ほしい when talking about yourself, but you should use を in the form of 〜をほしがっている when describing someone else’s desire to get something :rofl:

6 Likes

「欲しがっている」の文法を忘れちゃったので、ありがとう!

1 Like

ちなみに、私は父に「莫久来(ばくらい)」をプレゼントするよていです。
さて、ばくらいとはなんでしょう🤔?きになったら、googleしてみてね。笑

どういたしまして🥰日本語むずかしいけど、コツコツがんばりましょう😌

1 Like

あっ、なるほど!新しい単語ありがとうございます!

I figured it sounded weirder than I meant it to :sweat_smile:

Thank you again for the correction :smile:

これはここで私の初めてのコメントです。どうぞよろしく!

父は国の向こうに住んでいますから、お父さんの日では父に電話をかけると思います。それはちょっとつまらないですね。

私は大抵お父さんの日を忘れるが、今年頑張ります!これ後、贈り物を探します。

1 Like

Hendosanさん、せっかく書いてくれたのに、お返事がおくれて、ごめんなさい :tired_face: お父さんと、ちがう国に住んでいるんですね。父の日、忘れずに贈り物をわたせましたか?:smiling_face:

が and けど are the same meaning, but が is mostly used in formal writing.

父の日はベッドベッドで休見ました! :sleeping_bed: :sun_with_face:

いっぱい休めてよかったですね😂

1 Like

はい!でも、毎日歩かなくてはいけない! :walking_man: :full_moon_with_face:

1 Like

Sorry to use English… why 忘れてしまう instead of just 忘れる?