里心- no longer available?

When looking through the vocabulary list, and tried searching also.
But, 里心, no longer comes up. Was it removed from Wanikani?

2 Likes

Since this is such a rare vocab item, it’s been hidden, yes. I forget which content update they announced it, but you can try looking through previous ones by the team if you wanna read the motivation.

3 Likes

I won’t forget you.

18 Likes

They hid it in October, here’s the post where they announced it:

7 Likes

They hid it in the last content update

But it shall never be forgotten, real G’s never die

5 Likes

I miss 里心, what a rascal. You were the first 古語 I learned and ruffled everyone’s feathers. Little did I know at the time how much 古語 there is in literature, which makes the protests over a pretty simple word even funnier. Rest in power.

10 Likes

Wow, didnt know they hid items. Is there anyway to see all of the hidden items?

2 Likes

It don’t matter, we still got 河豚

5 Likes

Gotta love the 当て字

2 Likes

里心 was my favorite

you will be missed

8 Likes

It was my favorite also.

3 Likes

You can fetch them from the API, the list is quite short though, and a lot of them are just old radicals.

The current list of hidden items

Ra (radical)
Raptor Cage (radical)
Drawer (radical)
Cyclops (radical)
Roof (radical)
Hercules (radical)
Six (radical)
Grenade (radical)
Task (radical)
悪女 (vocabulary)
里心 (vocabulary)
人性 (vocabulary)
面 (vocabulary)
性愛 (vocabulary)
可分 (vocabulary)
乱交 (vocabulary)
借財 (vocabulary)
文句する (vocabulary)
賀状 (vocabulary)
麦粉 (vocabulary)
聖日 (vocabulary)
損害する (vocabulary)
超音速 (vocabulary)
堀川 (vocabulary)
原潜 (vocabulary)
今日は (vocabulary)
相図 (vocabulary)
大いに (vocabulary)
借款 (vocabulary)
媒酌 (vocabulary)
Worm (radical)
Corn (radical)
Egg (radical)
Trident (radical)

13 Likes

People got really salty about that one since it’s apparently not being used that much anymore, so they removed it. Imagine the rage when they realise that there are alot more of where that came from. But don’t tell them.

2 Likes

WaniKani is literally unusable now

12 Likes

Surely since it’s 里心 that was making it literally unusable, it’s now literally usable?

But yeah, I imagine they hid it because they were hemorrhaging users entirely due to that one word. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

里心 may have been a barely used word, but… throughout my WaniKani journey, this has changed. 里心 is not a hard to remember phrase nobody uses anymore, it’s been a constant companion on this trip that is learning Japanese. When I think back on WaniKani, I think back on 里心. When I think about the Japanese words I will never forget, I think 里心 and its countless threads here on the forums. Whatever the team behind WaniKani might change, 里心 will always have a place in my 心

15 Likes

They removed the Roof radical? I still see a roof radical come up when I search WK. Did they formerly have a different roof radical?

4 Likes

The API indeed returns 2 different roof radicals, one of them hidden, and the other one is the one you’re used to. The hidden one looks like 亼, and used to be on level 13 until it was hidden in December of 2018.

3 Likes

I’ll never forget the feeling of actually finding 里心 in the wild…

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.