薬屋のひとりごと(Advanced Book Club)

“I should not forget to post the thread on time”
*immediately forgets*

6 Likes

Thanks for the offer in the weekly thread I’m gonna try and hold back as much as possible to keep the discussions within the weekly threads but I have one question that I came across yesterday that is really bugging me. :pray:

Spoiler for Chapter 20

It is almost at the end of chapter 20 right after 猫猫 explained her theory about the swapping of food by the 侍女 of 樹妃. 高順 asks 猫猫 why she protected the 侍女 the night before and 猫猫 says:

「妃に比べたら侍女の命など軽くたやすいものです」

From context my guess is that it means something like “A maids life is less important than that of a princess” but I don’t really understand the nuances of 軽くたやすい

Is 軽く here the adverbial form of 軽い and modifying the adjective たやすい?

2 Likes
Partial answer ch20

No, since both adjectives have the same meaning in context, it’s a way to combine them to reinforce their meaning. I’ve seen it before (I think), but I don’t know the exact grammar at work. It’s quite late here, and google isn’t giving me the results I’m looking for, so I’m not sure though.

Edit: if anyone ever comes here, I have found an online discussion among natives of stuff like 高く厚い壁 just saying that it’s the 連用形 (so, it’s the same as 高くて厚い). The discussion itself is technically about something else, so there’s no detail about why you would drop the て or when, but anyway: discussion

(Edited)

3 Likes

Chapter 20 !!

shock

5 Likes

Google/Youtube doing its best to support me with recommendations (first row recommendation o_O)
lol

3 Likes

Well, as soon as I finished up typing my chapter 4 questions, my tablet fell about a foot down from its perch and cracked the screen, leading to a good half of the screen not recognizing my finger touching it. o.o; I’m super lucky my physical copy of the book just came in, haha.

4 Likes

And the next week is here. From now on, we will be reaching cruising speed, so hopefully it remains manageable for everyone.

6 Likes

Except in week 11 when we go way over the speed limit. :joy:

I’m doing okay so far. I still have one more question to post for chapter 5, but week 2 was manageable overall.

3 Likes

I will post the thread today, but I’m not sure when. Everyone has some カカオ in the meantime.

3 Likes

Never mind. I had the time to put up the thread (not to read the content, though).

2 Likes

I’ve barely started week 2 due to busybusy, but I’m also 50% through Honzuki 9 - what do I do? :caught_durtling:

• Finish Honzuki 9 first (might take a week or two)
  • Catch up on this book club, Honzuki can wait

0 voters

2 Likes

Finish 本好き 12.
Okay, maybe not.

2 Likes

This week, 猫猫 moves (again)

3 Likes

Oops, I didn’t announce the previous week (not that it was hard to find, but anyway).
Second part of the “event”.

2 Likes

Well, not much activity last week (that includes me, even though that was one of my favorite parts in the volume…) :sweat_smile:
Hopefully, I’ll get back to commenting this week.

1 Like

Oof, activity in threads really died down.
Well, at least, I am enjoying recollecting about the story when I put up the threads :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m behind a week on my chapters. :scream: Hopefully I can catch up this weekend and add to the discussion~

3 Likes

I feel kind of bad I basically rushed ahead and read the first 3 volumes. I was planing on rereading chapters each week but the new stuff always looks so interesting. It is literally the distracted boyfriend meme

5 Likes

Dang, very nice; I’m jealous. I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve read so far, but it takes me a while to get through it. Have you had to look up much as you’ve read?

1 Like

6 Likes